I’m hoping that no one’s going to tell me there’s a worldwide shortage of popcorn. ‘Cause it is one great snack to enjoy with your family. It’s relatively inexpensive, easy to make, and tastes great. We enjoy it a number of ways: air popped with butter, cooked on the stove for kettle corn, baked in the oven for what we call “Junk Food Popcorn” (recipe follows), and the good ol’ coupon-induced microwave variety. Consider popping some tonight and snacking with your sweeties.
- This popcorn site features recipes, coloring pages, and all sorts of poppin’ information.
- Pefect Popcorn Recipe
- Popcorn Cake (similar to rice krispie treats, with chocolate candies)
- Maple Pecan Popcorn
- Chili Popcorn
Our family favorite:
Recipe: Junk Food Popcorn (aka Nanna’s Caramel Corn)
(double batch recipe)
- approx. 6 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pour popcorn into large, nonstick roasting pan.
- In medium saucepan melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, and vanilla. Bring to boil. Turn to low and let bubble for 5 minutes. Do not stir! Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda.
- Pour sugar mixture over popcorn and mix well. Bake at 250*, stirring every 15 minutes for approximately 60 minutes.
- Spread into single layer on waxed paper until cool. Break apart and store in airtight container – if you don’t eat it all before it’s time to put it away.