- your favorite tea with honey and lemon
- your preferred soda pop over crushed ice with a straw (Vanilla Coke, please)
- strong, brewed coffee with lots of cream and sugar
- freshly squeezed, organic, orange juice
- cool water with a slice of lemon
Whatever you enjoy to drink is a good mom break. Even if you just take 20 minutes, it’s a helpful thing to take a step back from the hustle and bustle of your everyday. And if you add a little refreshment, that will help energize you physically as well.
When my husband worked union in the construction industry, the crew would take regularly scheduled breaks. For every number of hours, there was a regulated time of rest. This was instituted in order to prevent employees from being overworked.
Well, in the life of MOM, it’s hard to take a break from all that we are responsible for. You can’t clock out at the end of the day. But, you can allow yourself a little coffee/tea/water break every so often.