That is a question I hear a lot around here. We are a family of gluttons, er, I mean, foodies. I have one child who inquires at bedtime every night, “What’s for Breakfast?” Let’s just say we enjoy our food.
One great tip that I read on Organized Home is to make up a box of designated snacks so that you can avoid having to answer that question fifty times a day. Make one for the pantry and one for the frig. I’ve fallen out of that habit, but I think it’s in order this week now that summer vacation is about to begin.
Here’s what’s on the menu this week, in case you were wondering, too:
- Krispy Kreme on our way to church…. they were really mellow during the service. Wierd. I expected jumping off the pews.
- The intrepid, the fearless, the very sugar-filled Indiana Jones cereal (We have another birthday!)
- scrambled eggs and toast
- French Toast, pineapple, and strawberries (another birthday!)
- hamburgers and fries at home
- corndogs and pasta salad (bday!)
- turkey sandwiches
- chicken quesadillas
- Roast Beef sandwiches on sourdough bread (bday!)
- free for all: leftover pizza, Honey Nut Cheerios, fresh bread, fruit
- Bday dinner at California Pizza Kitchen – two free bday meals
- grilled chicken, rice, vegetables
- pasta with meat sauce, salad, garlic bread
- Sonic – 3 free bday meals and 2 half-offs!
- taco bowls