This is FishPapa’s all-time Fave come holiday time. The man who “doesn’t like sweets” claims he could eat the whole pan. I guess we do have a dessert to arm wrestle over.
You can make this with strawberries and strawberry jello, but we prefer it with raspberries and cranberry or raspberry jello.
Recipe: Pretzel Berry Dessert
- 2 2/3 cups crushed pretzels
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened (lower fat works fine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large container Cool Whip
- 2 small packages cranberry or raspberry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 20 ounces frozen raspberries or boysenberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine pretzel crumbs, sugar, and butter in 9 x 13 pan. Press lightly. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In large mixing bowl whip cream cheese and sugar. Fold in Cool Whip. Spread over pretzel crust.
- In another large bowl, combine Jell-O and hot water, stirring until dissolved. Stir in berries. Allow to partially set. You don’t want it too thin, but if it gels too quickly you will have a very lumpy dessert. It shouldn’t take very long if the berries are frozen. Pour over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, until hardened. After completely set, refrigerate covered.
What’s your favorite Christmas dessert?