FishFave: Pretzel Berry Dessert

This is FishPapa’s all-time Fave come holiday time. The man who “doesn’t like sweets” claims he could eat the whole pan. I guess we do have a dessert to arm wrestle over.

You can make this with strawberries and strawberry jello, but we prefer it with raspberries and cranberry or raspberry jello.

What’s your favorite Christmas dessert?

Comments

1. dancebythelight says:

I love that dessert, only we make it with strawberries!

My favorite holiday dessert is pumpkin roll filled with cream cheese filling! Mmmmm!

2. Our favorite dessert is turtles made with mini pretzels, rolo candies and pecans

3. mamalibby says:

My mom used to make your dessert with strawberries and I haven’t thought of it in years!

We are cookies-only at our house at Christmas. Rich Roll butter cookies with colored sugars. Yum!

4. Rebekah says:

I love all things dessert….except creme brulee. Bleh. I adore all the holiday candies and cookies…..but I’m starting my own tradition of cheesecake. Which kind? Oh, white chocolate raspberry, chocolate truffle, chocolate turtle, marbled pumpkin, I don’t know. They’re all good!

5. This is my families favorite dessert, also! Whenever we tell someone we are bringing the ‘Jello pretzel dessert” they all look at us with a very perplexed and skeptical stare. But after they try it, almost everyone is a convert!

Every Christmas we make sugar cookies with my great-grandma’s recipe and cut them out in Christmas-y shapes and frost them. They kids all love to roll and cut their very own cookies. We make these all through the year, but they taste best at Christmas time.

Jill

6. One of my hobbies is dessert (and working out at the gym!) But this is a Christams Fudge Recipe my Mother-in-Law gave me. Its so good.
    Christmas Fudge:
    2 c light brown sugar
    1 c sugar
    1 c evaporated milk
    1/2 c butter
    1 jar marshmallow cream
    16 oz peanut butter morsels
    16 oz milk chocolate morsels
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 c pecans
    Combine 1st 4 ingredients-boil 10 minutes
    Add marshmallow cream and morsels. Blend in nuts and vanilla. Pour into greased 9″ pan. Cool and cut.
    This is basically sugar and butter-what’s not to love?

7. Madame Deals says:

I just made this recipe for our Christmas dessert! It looks so yummy I can't wait to try it! I used a mixed berry medley and it looks very pretty.
    Thank you so much!

8. Jessica Wolf says:

I make this all the time with Strawberry Jell-O and frozen strawberries. I’m going to try it with boysenberries and a mixture of raspberry and strawberry Jell-O… that sounds amazing!

9. mmm…I have this in the fridge right now. It’s my contribution to the Thanksgiving Feast tomorrow. We eat this as a salad around our house. We also use a can of crushed pineapple in the cream cheese layer and raspberries on top.

10. AllieZirkle says:

I planned to make this today for Thursday. I couldn’t find cranberry jello So I’m trying the blackberry fusion jello! 1) is this an ok make-ahead recipe? And 2) is there a dairy free option to the cream cheese? I’ve got a dairy free kiddo coming and can’t think of a legit substitute for cream cheese. Thanks!!

Alle

Blackberry fusion is awesome! I’ve done that before. I’m going to make it today, so yes, make ahead.

As for cream cheese, I have never heard of a substitute that is dairy free. Is there soy cream cheese? (Blech.) Sorry!

• AllieZirkle says:

Ok perfect! I’m going to check for a coconut replacement. If I can’t find a coconut replacement, I’ll just stick with cream cheese. The alternatives sound awful lol Thanks!

11. I am someone who needs a complete recipe directions. Right now I am preparing the crust. Was I suppose to use 3t or 1 cup? And how much is a “large cool whip?” So sorry I will never use this website agian

Hi Shelly, I apologize for the confusion. The ingredients are listed in the order of use. I copied it exactly as my gramma wrote it. ;) The 3t sugar go in the crust. The 1 cup sugar goes in the cream cheese/cool whip filling. The cool whip is the standard (12 oz) size. When gramma was alive, they packaged it differently. I hope you and your family have a lovely holiday.

12. I don’t know where this has been my whole life, but I am not aware of having experienced this. It sounds good, except I am not a cool whip fan. would it work with old fashioned, self-whipped actual cream, or is there something in the gummy composition of the cool whip that is necessary?