Baby Watch T Minus 3 Weeks and Counting

Well, it’s been an “exciting” week. More Braxton-Hicks contractions than I care to think about. Wednesday I had contractions every five minutes for about 10-12 hours. Since my previous births have been fairly fast and furious, the idea of labor starting gets me a little nervous. I know I need to be on my ready. And let’s just say, Wednesday I wasn’t.

But the experience has provided me with a number of things to be thankful for:

* a great husband and kids who picked up my slack very well
* an exceptional doctor – I happened to have an appt at the hospital to preregister and Dr. A “happened” to be there at the same time, so he was able to come talk with me and reassure me that this was “just practice.”
* a generous neighbor – since my regular on-call people are on vacation, I phoned a neighbor who brought dinner and promised to be available day and night.
* the impetus to get the baby’s room done, wash the carseat cover, clean out the van, install the new van seat, pack a bag, etc. etc. Oh! And finally take a bump shot. I think this is the only photo the poor kid has so far.

In other news Nanna will be here on the 17th and my sister will be coming on the 22nd. Not only will it be fun to see them, but we’ll also have great help when FishBaby does arrive on the scene.

Thanks for praying for me and my little one!

Comments

1. Zimms Zoo says:

Looking foward to the pictures of the new fishchick!

Will be praying that everything goes well!

2. You know, if this little one DOES decide to come a little early, at least you’ll have Mom and Jamie around to help out a bit. They were both a big help to me. Jamie did a GREAT job with Ella while I was in the hospital, and we came home to a lovely meal. She even made us flautas to enjoy later! And it was great to have mom around in the days after to help entertain Ella and hold the baby.

But now watch, FishChick will probably wait until her due date! I had lots of discomfort with Lucie and really thought she’d be early…and then I had to induce her 5 days late!

3. Mrs. Querido says:

Wow…you look fantastic! Wish I had looked that stylish when I was pregnant with ANY of my kiddos :)

Hope the Braxton-Hicks let up for you to be able to get some rest.

Blessings on you and your soon (but not too soon)-to-be baby!

4. Alexandra Hancock says:

Yay BabyFish will be here soon! Can’t wait to see the pictures of LittleFish.

When I kept having Braxton-Hicks all I wanted was for them to either stop or for them to be full on contractions because I wanted my body back by that time. :)

5. ordinarymother says:

You look mahvelous, dahling!

6. Briana Almengor says:

i was praying for you (and just about everyone I’ve ever known) from my sick bed today…a stomach bug that I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy.

You look amazing and are doing so well…btw. homeschooling, keeping up the blog, preparing for the baby,etc. God has blessed you w/ some incredible energy. Thanking Him for that on your behalf and praying for His peace for you as you anticipate labor.

7. FishMama says:

You guys are sweet. I guess this wasn’t as good of a hairday as I had thought. This was also taken BEFORE my monster day of contractions. Didn’t look quite so fresh when it was over.

8. jessica,
    you look great with that baby bump! i wish i had some pics of myself pregnant. i refused to take them and now i regret that decision! would you email me your home mailing address? i am anxious for you little gal to come on the fish scene.
    love,
    julie

9. Just a mom says:

Was blog surfing and found yours. Wanted to wish you luck with your baby arriving soon. You look great! I also cashed in with the Walgreens Kellogg’s sale this week. LOVE IT. :-)

10. FishMama says:

Hi Justamom, thanks for saying HI! Hope you’ll come back!

11. Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart says: