Don’t Hate Me Because My Labor Was Short

It’s been an exciting day to say the least. After a good night’s sleep last night, my girl decided to come a day early!

This morning my labor started at about 7 am. We got to the hospital at 8:30 and she was born at 10:01. How’s that for a speedy delivery. When I’m a little more rested, I’ll post the play by play for whoever’s interested. It was not without its humorous moments.

But, the girl is here. I can breathe again. We’re both healthy and happy. Thank you, THANK YOU to everyone who prayed for us. God fulfilled those requests in abundance.

Since my kiddos are in Auntie Jamie’s capable hands, I’m going to enjoy a little vacation at the hospital, complete with room service dining and people to push on my belly every few hours.

By the way, congrats to Mary and Amy (of Ohio)! FishBaby weighed in at a hefty 9 pounds, 2 ounces. Send me your addresses so we can send you a FishBaby prize.

Comments

1. She’s beautiful!

2. Congratulations~she is precious!!!

3. dancebythelight says:

Congratulations!!

4. Congratulations Jessica and Bryan. She is beautiful!!!

5. Monroegirl says:

Congrats! i was only off by one ounce! argh! So glad she is here and Jamie is holding down the fort for you! YAY!! Enjoy your stay in the hospital; I would if I were you!

6. Congrats!!

7. supermommy says:

Congrats! Way to go for such a short labor! She’s beautiful.

8. Anna Christensen says:

Congratulatidons! I am so thankful all went well–and so fast. :) She’s darling!

9. Mrs. Pear says:

Congratulations!

She is so sweet!

And what a blessing of a short labor!

Hopefully our little girl will be coming along shortly too! (Help arrives on Wednesday).

10. The Joys of having Boys says:

Congratulations, she is just beautiful!! I missed the weight by one ounce, are you sure there was not an extra ounce in there somewhere, LOL!

Get plenty of rest and enjoy this time you will be back to reality before you know it.

Way to go Fishbaby on giving mom a short labor, too.

11. Congratulations! She is so sweet!!! Wow, I guessed her weight.

12. Congratulations! Glad everything went so well for you! Short labors are great–I was blessed to have one of those, too! Take care!

13. JessieLeigh says:

Big, huge congrats to the whole Fish-clan! She is absolutely beautiful… all 9 lb 2 oz of her!

14. Hopefulone says:

*~*~*~*CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS*~*~*~*

She’s a doll.
    Glad everything went well:) Enjoy your retreat…

15. Briana Almengor says:

I gasped when I saw the picture of your new one…She’s beautiful and looks like a pudge. She wouldn’t be a Fishkid otherwise, right? :)

And, I wouldn’t exactly say your labor was short..the last part of it perhaps, but girl, you did days (weeks even) of labor!

You are something having this post up already. I’m so glad; it’s an indication, I hope, that you are doing well. I’ll continue to pray for a seemless transition for you, Bryan and all the Fishkids.

Congrats!!

16. Congratulations!! That is wonderful that everything went so well. Let those nurses pamper you.

17. Org Junkie says:

Fast labor…yay! Congratulations!!

18. Garden Gal says:

Congratulations – such a sweet time as a family when a new little one arrives!

19. topaztook says:

Congratulations! She’s adorable!

20. God is so good. Congrats. Take care and don’t rush back to the work that you have waiting. It will wait. Again, Thank you God for a healthy baby and mommie.

21. Katie @ 3 Blondes and a Redhead says:

Congratulations! Gives me baby fever…

By this time, your labor should have been short. Your body totally knows what to do now – was your doctor wearing a catcher’s mitt? :)

22. Congratulations! She’s beautiful and we are all happy you both are healthy and well.

Jill

23. Congratulations!

Have each of your labors gotten shorter? A nice short labor is an awesome gift, a long labor can leave you worn out to be sure.

What a pretty little lady. Enjoy your “vacation” at the hospital.

24. danahollis says:

Congratulations!

Glad you both came through it fast and safe.

What a beautiful baby girl! :)

25. AHighandNobleCalling says:

CONGRATULATIONS! She is so sweet! I love babies!

26. CONGRATULATIONS! She is beautiful!!! Enjoy the room service while you can.

Have a blessed day! Tami

27. Congratulations on a healthy and hearty baby girl. I love hearing about babies born large, sure beats the pants off of my 1 lb, 7.9 oz baby girl. Best wishes in continued health.
    -Ryann

28. Congratulations! She is beautiful and I am so glad that you had a quick labor.

29. Congratulations!

30. congratulations!!!!!!!!!
    she is lovely little gal!!!!
    anxiously awaiting name and details! love,
    julie

31. Congratulations, she is a cutie!

32. babydurland says:

Congrats, she’s adorable!

33. Congratulations! I’m glad it was quick for you. She’s beautiful! Enjoy your “vacation” in the hospital.

34. Hurray! She is totally presh.

35. Mrs. Bubba says:

Congratulations! She is adorable, enjoy your “vacation”.

36. Oh, how wonderful!!! Congratualtions…and rest up!!! My son was 9 pounds 1 ounce..I love big babies :-)

37. Yes, enjoy your hospital vacation and the delicious meals Jamie is cooking. The baby is so cute and I can’t wiat to hear her name and see more pictures.
    Congratulations!!

38. Congratulations! I’m so happy for you and your family. I have to say, I’m jealous of your short labor. I went through 42 hours! lol

She’s absolutely gorgeous and I hope you and she and the rest of the family continue to do well.

39. Congrats!!!! She is adorable. Can’t wait to see more. Glad it was easy…that is how mine with Adelee’s was. She came the day before induction was scheduled and was fast and easy. Can’t wait to hear all about your birth. sooooo what is her name?

40. Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart says:

Congratulations! She is beautiful.