Whoa! Whoa! I gotta go….back to school again.
I grew up in (what was then) a small Southern California town that offered “year-round” school before its time. Heading back to school at the end of July was the norm for me. It wasn’t until junior high that I experienced the bliss of an extended summer. Wow! But, truth be told, I was more than ready to go back after 3 months’ off.
Nowadays, however, I get to set the schedule. I find that if we start our school daze before Labor Day Weekend, I have some lee-way in terms of sick days, snow days, and lazy mom days. We started last week via the slow-immersion method and things are going pretty okay.
For those of you still preparing for Reentry, enjoy those last few carefree days of summer and check out some of these links:
- Shannon (from Rocks in My Dryer) waxes eloquent about school supplies
- BTS tips from Organized Home (Gosh, I love that site!)
- Get FREE Shipping on any order of $40+ from CurrentCatalog.com-Back-to-school
& more. Offer expires August 31, 2008 This is a great catalog with lots of cute and fun items at bargain prices.
- Be inspired by some great Back to School traditions from your fellow LifeasMOM readers!
- Very cool back to school crafts from Martha herself.
- Don’t forget to get free BIC pens! Check out the brown coupons.com bar in the sidebar for a coupon for $1/2 BIC items. These are on sale everywhere for $.50 each, so you could get several oacks of pens for free!
- Thinking Outside the Box: How to Pack a Great School Lunch from Ann Arbor Family Magazine and Yours Truly.
- And, for all you 80s movie fans, a slide show of Grease2 still shots set to the music of what else? Back to School Again. (I know, a clip from the real movie would be better, but this was the best I could do.)