Officially Nutsy

Yes, I think the verdict is in…. we are one pair of crazy FishPeople!

• five, almost six children
  • homeschooling
  • on the road to living debt-free (no car payments, no credit cards)

and now,

• we are headed West, folks!

No vacation for us. We are moving!

FishPapa got final word on a job that he applied for in March, and we are heading out. We have five weeks to sell it all: lock, stock, and barrel and hit the road. How appropriate that we live where the Wagon Trails started. While the babies and I will be flying, FishPapa and the boys will be hitting the westward trail.

So, your prayers are appreciated that as my plate gets a little more full this next month, that I would stay sane, keep a smile on my face, and sell this house (as well as the rental property we own.) Selling the real estate is supremely important, if for no other reason than to have less to think about as we experience a veritable whirlwind of change in the coming weeks and months.

You can be sure that you’ll hear about all our follies and foibles. Hope you’ll laugh with me.

Comments

1. The Serven Clan says:

Wow. Sounds like the Lord has you in for some new adventures! We’ll keep you in our prayers. And we never connected only being 3 hours away!! Ahhh. It looks like we’ve lost our golden opportunity. We are off tomorrow for our own (temporary) westward excursion for the next month (visiting the Cousins, grandmas, etc), otherwise it would be good to visit while we are still in the same state. A rain check is the order of the day . . .

Blessings on your new adventures.
    Rebecca for the ServenClan

2. JessieLeigh says:

Never a dull moment!

I am always so inspired by your spirit, Jessica, and willingness to embrace whatever chapter is next for your beautiful family. It would be easy to fall into a “poor me” trap and despair all the challenges ahead.

My prayers are with you and I hope the real estate market is good to you! Best of luck!

3. Hey, did this post display wierd on your computers?

Thanks for your encouraging words and prayers. We need them. This could be very overwhelming if I succombed. But, it’s been a long shot since the very beginning and God has kept every door open thus far. It’s just being willing to take a breath and walk over the threshold.

4. Anna Christensen says:

Congrats on the new job! I’ll be praying for you as you face the whirlwind of packin’ up the wagon and headin’ west. “Life as Mom” never does get boring, does it?!

There were several long gaps between paragraphs, but the post was still easy to read.

Thanks for always keeping such a bright outlook on life! It’s an encouragement to me.

5. supermommy says:

Sounds like an adventure! Best wishes for a smooth move.

6. Briana Almengor says:

WOW…I imagine this is your heart’s desire that the Lord is bringing to pass even if it will mean a crazy transition. I will be praying for you and your brood as you make this change.

7. Wow! Moving and having a baby. Boy you sure do have a lot to do! Congratulations on the new job and the move to a new home. I hope it will be everything you want. Good luck!

8. Mama Koala says:

Congrats to you and your family! Your site is a blessing, and I look forward to hearing more of your adventure.

9. Good luck! We just moved to a new home last week (a local move) and I know how exciting/stressful it can be!! Just keep focusing on the end result if it gets overwhelming. Take lots of photos to remember this exciting time for you and your family.

Real estate — stay positive — there are always newlyweds, people coming out of apartments and relocating. That’s what did it for us. Take as much stuff out of your house as possible — makes it look larger and easier to clean up for showings.

Method all-purpose cleaner and Target is great for cleaning up before a showing — makes things sparkle and smell nice. I chose pink grapefruit — we had all positive comments on the look/smell of our home. Try it.
    :) Heather

10. Org Junkie says:

Wow. Wow. I’m speechless and completely in awe of you. You will have your plate full but with you being so organized and with such a great attitude you’ll get through it all with flying colors for sure. I’ll definitely be praying for you!

11. Aren’t you due soon???

Which part of west???
    yeah!!

12. Are you moving back to California?? How exciting. I have moved right after a baby and three times the year he was born. Fun….but not with 6 kids. You are amazing. I will be praying for all the details to come together.