Things I’ve Learned This Week

• Hospital food is not as good as I remember it.
  • Chocolate pudding can be eaten with a fork, when necessary.
  • Husbands don’t like to dine in the same room where you just gave birth.
  • Even though you think your tummy is full at 6 pm, if you are 2 days postpartum and nursing, you will be ravenous at 1 am.
  • Hospital food doesn’t look too bad at 1 am.
  • I have muscles (sore ones) that I didn’t know I had.

And some things I knew, but was freshly reminded of:

• My husband is a gem. He’s managed to meet everyone’s needs and still come back to visit with me before bed everynight. (He’s also very cute.)
  • My sister is golden. Not only has she cooked, cleaned, taught school, and babysat, she has also baked a Welcome Baby cake, made tissue paper flowers with the kids so that I had a lovely bouquet, and tie-dyed onesies with each child so that he had a gift for the baby.
  • God is more gracious to me than I hope or dream Him to be. I am so thankful for the events of this week, the people in my life, my new daughter, and WHO He is….My Lord and Savior.

Upcoming: Story Swap! Tomorrow, you have a chance to share your birth story. Post it on your blog and then come link here.

Comments

1. Briana Almengor says:

What a great post. I’[m so grateful you are aware of God’s many blessings to you this week!

2. JessieLeigh says:

What a beautiful recognition of the blessings (and reality!) in your life. Thanks for sharing! I very much look forward to the birth story.

3. Congratulations on your new little one! :)

4. Congratulations on your little girl! ;)

5. Wow, she is precious!

And it sounds like you’ve got an awesome pit crew!

6. Mrs. Querido says:

Congratulations on your precious baby girl! She is so cute!

You truly are superwoman to be BLOGGING so soon after giving birth…I stand in awe :) But then what mom doesn’t want to show of pictures of her newest cutie any chance she can get. And I guess that blogging doesn’t require usage of said sore muscles…lol.

Blessings on you and your whole family!

7. Zimms Zoo says:

What a precious little girl!

I can’t read the birth story. Now I have to decide which birth story I want to share. I may just have to do them all. One at a time.

8. Zimms Zoo says:

Oh one more thing. I totally agree with being hungry at 1 a.m. When the nurse saw my light on she checked in and I told her I was starving. Just so happens they keep the frig in their break room stocked for times like this.
    She brought my husband and I the most wonderful turkey and ham sandwiches. She also brought juices and ice cream. She was wonderful!!

9. Mama Koala says:

What a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing a picture of your little one with us.

Oh, and I can totally relate to that ravenous feeling–I find I am more hungry as a nursing mama than I was as a pregnant mama!

10. Those are some wonderful things. You really are hungry a lot when nursing. Your husband and sister sound really great. I hope you 2 are resting comfortably.

11. CONGRATS! cant wait to hear birth story.

12. CONGRATS! Does the new little FishBaby have a name that you can share?

Have a blessed day! Tami

13. You and the little one look so sweet together. Your sister sounds wonderful. I will miss checking in on you when I am ‘gone camping’ for the next 10 days. Will scroll back to see baby and you when I get back. (maybe pics and a name (o:

14. What a sweet post. You have a wnderul family…but i am sure you know that already!

Congratulations to all of you!