- Hospital food is not as good as I remember it.
- Chocolate pudding can be eaten with a fork, when necessary.
- Husbands don’t like to dine in the same room where you just gave birth.
- Even though you think your tummy is full at 6 pm, if you are 2 days postpartum and nursing, you will be ravenous at 1 am.
- Hospital food doesn’t look too bad at 1 am.
- I have muscles (sore ones) that I didn’t know I had.
And some things I knew, but was freshly reminded of:
- My husband is a gem. He’s managed to meet everyone’s needs and still come back to visit with me before bed everynight. (He’s also very cute.)
- My sister is golden. Not only has she cooked, cleaned, taught school, and babysat, she has also baked a Welcome Baby cake, made tissue paper flowers with the kids so that I had a lovely bouquet, and tie-dyed onesies with each child so that he had a gift for the baby.
- God is more gracious to me than I hope or dream Him to be. I am so thankful for the events of this week, the people in my life, my new daughter, and WHO He is….My Lord and Savior.
Upcoming: Story Swap! Tomorrow, you have a chance to share your birth story. Post it on your blog and then come link here.