- Life As Mom - http://lifeasmom.com -
How to Retrieve the Mailbox Key From the Storm Drain
Posted By Jessica Fisher On November 18, 2008 @ 4:07 pm In Home Management | 5 Comments
1. Reassure sobbing FishBoy that it is okay, and he is forgiven. It was a mistake to swing the key so that it flew into the sewer.
One that he won’t do again.
2. Call your brother who doesn’t have to go to work or school too early in the morning. (FishPapa leaves at 6:30 am.)
3. Brother arrives with a small piece of rope and a tiny wrench. And he acts like he knows what he’s doing. Somehow I get the feeling that he has done this before.
(And my mother is now wondering what her son has been doing in storm drains.)
4. Watch as Brother slips the rope through the hole in the storm drain cover. Then holding one end of the rope, he lies in the gutter and reaches for the other end of the rope. He ties the wrench to that end of the rope. He uses the rope/wrench combo to lift the drain cover, assuring me we are doing nothing illegal. Brother climbs down into storm drain and retrieves the key.
5. Brother performs Step 4 in reverse.
6. Thank Brother profusely for saving you a phone call to the water dept. and/or property management company.
7. Spray key with Lysol.
Article printed from Life As Mom: http://lifeasmom.com
URL to article: http://lifeasmom.com/2008/11/how-to-retrieve-mailbox-key-from-storm.html
URLs in this post:
 RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/lifeasmom/oGdA
 free updates via email: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=lifeasmom/oGdA
 my free seasonal newsletter: http://eepurl.com/q47Vb
Copyright © 2011 Life As Mom. All rights reserved.