It worked really well last month to plan an entire month’s worth of meals. Not all of them got selected, but it made my weekend planning so much easier. Basically, I brainstormed all the meals I could make with what I already had in the freezer or cupboard or that I could easily find cheap ingredients for.
So, since this will be a busy month (with our first paid vacation ever!) I decided to make up a December Meal Plan.
Here’s what I’m planning on cooking in the next few weeks:
1. Roast Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Veg, Biscuits – I bought an extra turkey since the deals were so good.
2. Turkey Pot Pie, Green Salad, Fruit – great way to use up leftovers
3. Turkey Noodle Soup, Popovers, Fruit – ditto
4. White Chili, Cornbread, Green Salad – one of our favorite chili recipes, very crockpot friendly.
5. Baked Chicken, Roast Potatoes, Veg, Pumpkin Rolls – easy, easy, easy
6. Chicken with Tomatoes, Feta, and Olives, Rice, Veg, Bread – sounds wierd, but is very good
7. Grilled Chicken Breast and Vegetables, Rice Pilaf, Cornbread
1. Shredded Beef Tacos, Beans, Rice, Fruit Salad (make twice as much meat, use half in Shepherd’s Pie) – this plan didn’t work last month because we ate it all up!
2. Shepherd’s Pie, Green Salad
3. Tamales, Beans, Rice, Salad – one of my favorite seasonal dishes to make
4. Pasta w/ Meat Sauce, Green Salad, Garlic Bread (make double the sauce to use in Lasagna)
5. Spaghetti w/ Meatballs, Veg, Rolls
6. Lasagna, Salad, Bread Sticks – you have got to try this lasagna recipe
7. Stacked Enchiladas, Beans, Rice, Green Salad
8. Paso Mom Tacos – your generic white bread taco: ground beef and toppings in a fried corn tortilla, named for Paso Robles, CA where we used to live
1. Taco Bowl w/ Beans, Rice, Chips, and Toppings
2. BLTs, Chips, Veggies & Dip
3. Pasta Alfredo, Veg, Cornbread
4. Pasta with Red Sauce, Veg, Focaccia
5. Bean Tostadas, Fruit
6. Homemade Pizza
7. Vegetable Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
8. Lemon Linguini (a glorified Mac and Cheese), Veg, Fruit
9. Chihuahua Chili, Cornbread, Veggies and Dip
10. Bean, Rice, and Cheese Burritos, Fruit
11. Eggs, Pancakes, Hashbrowns, Sausage or Bacon, OJ (cook double sausage for minestrone)
12. Minestrone, Baguette with Butter
Whatchu got cooking? For more meal planning inspiration, visit I’m an Organizing Junkie every Monday.