Fancy Nancy and Breakfast!? These two themes were suggested by readers during FishMama’s Birthday Cake Challenge. They were chosen as the top two in a readers’ poll a week later.
Both were definitely challenging. Breakfast because it was a unique thing to conceive in sugar. Have you ever heard of such a thing? And Fancy Nancy had me a little stumped because I’d never even heard of her. So, I tackled them both and had a fun time doing it.
Here are the basics:
Fancy Nancy’s Purse
– cake baked in two loaf pans, stacked, a wedge cut out of the top for the opening of the purse
– cookies cut in the shapes of sunglasses, star wand, and hand mirror. Fill the inside of the sunglasses frames with crushed lifesavers before baking.
– licorice whips for purse handles
– fill purse with candy necklaces, rings, and chocolate coins
Breakfast is Served
– cake baked in a pie plate and 9 x 13 pan, additional muffin needed for mug
– bubble gum hot dogs for sausages, gummy popcorn for scrambled eggs, coconut meringue baked in the shape of hashbrowns.
– also add cinnamon stick and dash of cinnamon on top of the mug