Yes, I know it’s a frozen tundra where some of you live. I remember the days of snow and wet boots all too well. Hang in there! January’s half over and February’s a short month. Things should start warming up soon. New life will be taking root and bursting forth.
In the meantime, hang out with me. Live vicariously through my trips to the beach! Yes, truth be told, that is where we are headed today on FishPapa’s day off. We are currently studying the Early Explorers in our school, so we’re going to visit some of the landing points of the Spanish Explorers. We’re even going to be the farthest southwest you can be and still remain in the continental US. (Brownie points for whatever Trivia fan can figure that one out!)
Over the next week though, I’ve got some great things to share with you, including but not limited to:
- More free milk! Come back later today to see last week’s winners and for another chance to win.
- Saturday I talked about growing in being a Mom You Can Count On. So I’ll be sharing some ways that I’m making the most of my time.
- Recipe Swap on Thursday will feature Comfort Food. Post your favorite, comforting recipe and bring the link back here.
- Don’t forget the Birthday Cake Round Up on the 29th. Please spread the word – the more the merrier!
- I’ll be unveiling one of the BDay Cake Challenges this week. While “Breakfast” was the winner (see sidebar poll), Fancy Nancy was a close second, so I’ll be attempting both cakes in the very near future.
Got questions? I’m the ultimate bossy, big sister. Just let me know in the comments the things you’ve always wondered about life, liberty, and the pursuit of a clean house, and I’ll do my best to answer them.