More Cake-Ish Things

We’re having a lull here at the Fisher Household. I haven’t baked a cake in over a month!

The winter birthday season is over and our next round of birthdays – 4 in 3 weeks’ time – doesn’t begin until May. (Thank goodness, I’m not ready for it.) So, my cake decorating skills are dormant. However, it’s still fun to be inspired by other ideas out there:

** Meredith took a bakery cake and duded it up with Legos. Love her creativity! If you’ve got Lego maniacs at your house, you’ll enjoy her clever ideas for hosting a Lego party.

** Though she should be resting (hint, hint), The Happy Housewife has been baking up a storm. I enjoyed seeing her rendition of my Star Wars cake design here. Loved her Doll cake video tutorial and the paper trick to smooth frosting. I’ll be trying that out the next time the Birthday Express cruises by.

** Simple Cake Decorating has a great site full of clever birthday cake ideas.

** Check out the potato candies that Celeste made. Oh my! They would look amazing on a spring, garden, or Peter Rabbit cake. Or, for you tv addicts (you know who you are), we’ll put them on a couch-shaped cake. Heehee! Very cool!

** The Pioneer Woman hosted a big cake-ish party and her guests learned to make Cake Pops. How fun!

Comments

1. The Happy Housewife says:

Thanks for the link. My son absolutely loved his Star Wars cake and I still can’t believe how easy it was to make! Seriously, it took less than an hour! I can’t wait to see your May cakes as we start our summer round of birthdays in May.
    Toni

2. The Blossoming Skillet says:

I am horrible at cake decorating, thanks for all the ideas!

3. Beverlydru says:

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love meeting new people. Now I need to read further and figure out why you are called FishMama. I’m sure there’s a story….

4. Beverlydru says:

Oh Duh… Fisher = Fishmama. ; ) My excuse is it’s Monday.

5. Jeanette "Frogster" says:

nice – thanks for all the helpful hints and links. We’ve been having a cake lull here too (although cookies and brownies keep creeping their way in) and My David’s birthday is coming up in just a couple of weeks. yay cake!

6. You are quite the cake lady. I always enjoy stopping by here. Hope you are all feeling better. I remember when my 9 and 11 year old were soooo sick, throwing up everywhere…and my one year old was toddling all over into everything and Mommie had a terrible tooth ache that made me cry. Why do those things always happen together.

7. thought of you when i posted about big boo’s chocolate cupcakes today, they were nummy. feel better soon!

8. Zimms Zoo says:

I made your Indiana Jones cake and then we made another cake with flames all around the sides (made with colorflow). It was exactly what a 4 yo wanted.

zimmszoo.blogspot.com

9. FishMama says:

Blossoming Skillet, not sure if you saw this http://www.lifeasmom.com/2009/01/wanna-make-pretty-cool-cake-buy-ebook.html, but it’s a good tool to making really simple cakes.

10. FishMama says:

Jenna, loved your cupcakes! Great idea!