Read a Good Book

• [pinit]

Here’s what’s on my “to read” pile. Some are rereads like The Bible and The Well-Trained Mind, others are new finds that I’m eager to dig into.

The Bible – God
Food and Mood: The Complete Guide to Eating Well and Feeling Your Best – Elizabeth Somer
The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook - Beth Hensperger and Julie Kaufman (From the same author of my favorite bread machine cookbook)
Time-Out for Tired Moms – Judy Crawford
The No-Cry Nap Solution – Elizabeth Pantley
The Mommy Manual – Barbara Curtis (Love what I’ve read so far!)
From Clutter to Clarity – Nancy Twigg
The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home – Jessie Wise and Susan Wise Bauer
I’m Just Here for the Food – Alton Brown (This guy cracks me up!)

What’s a good book that you are reading or one that you are looking forward to check out? Tell us in the comments

Comments

1. Brianna @ Heart(h) Management says:

Oooh, I want to read a couple on your list–From Clutter to Clarity, especially.

I’m currently reading For the Children’s Sake, which has been fabulous. It is completely changing the way I think about education. I have to read it slowly to really soak in all the new thoughts.

2. I loved reading "From Clutter to Clarity." It wasn't a long read, but provoked lots of thought (and cleaning out of stuff!).

I'll have to check out "The No-cry Nap Solution"–sounds right up my alley. I think our daughters were born within weeks of each other.

Right now, I'm indulging myself in some fiction! On the list: Chocolat by Joanne Harris, Riven by Jerry Jenkins, and a bunch of Eugenia Price books I bought at our library's annual sale this weekend for pennies.

I'm also working my way through "The Most Important Place on Earth" by Robert Wolgemuth. (What a Christian home looks like & how to create one). It's by far one of the best books I've read about growing a Christian family.

3. I’m currently working my way through “Queen of the Castle” – I’m doing one chapter per week – it’s a really encouraging read! I’m also reading “Mom Walk” by Sally Clarkson – I love all of her books so far. And I’m reading through the Bible – currently in Exodus. And I’m always re-reading a chapter from “A Charlotte Mason Companion” – it’s always on my bedside table.

I’m waiting to get cheap copies of “From Clutter to Clarity” and “Feminine Appeal” – hopefully PBSwap will come through for me!

4. Katie @ goodLife {eats} says:

I've read the No Cry Discipline Solution and that was great, have not read the Nap Solution.

Food & Mood sounds interesting! So does Time-out for Tired Moms.

Right now I am reading The School of Essential Ingredients. So far it is great!

5. Heidi @ Frugal s! says:

I’m currently reading through David, by Chuck Swindoll. It is a wonderful book with some great insights! :)

6. Terra Jones says:
  7. Team Whitney says:

My husband just checked out three of Alton Brown’s books for me (the one you have listed and “I’m Just Here for More Food” and his gear book. I am loving them because he writes in a way that helps me to get the WHY of cooking. I doubt I’ll get through them all in these three weeks, but that’s the beauty of the library–I can check them out again sometime!

8. I’m reading the Bible, Get Out of that Pit (Beth Moore), and A Sister’s Test by (Wanda Brunstetter).

9. Just had to comment when I saw that The Well Trained Mind was on your list – I love that book! While I am not currently homeschooling, I feel that book, more than any other, would be such a great resource. It inspired me to want to homeschool just so I could go back through and learn so much that I feel I missed in my own schooling! Thanks for sharing your reading list; think I might try reading the Food and Mood book.

10. FishMama says:

Brianna, it’s been awhile since I read FTCS. Krista, I like the sound of that Wolgemuth book. Wendi, isn’t TQOTC great? Love that book! Katie’s The School of Essential Ingredients sounds interesting. Y’all are making my pile bigger! Thanks for the input!

11. Michelle says:

UH, What’s the name of your favorite bread cookbook? I need a good one.

12. Katie @ 3 Blondes and a Redhead says:

You are hilarious. “The Bible – God.” LOL! He’s the best author, isn’t He?

13. FishMama says:

The Bread Lover’s Bread Machine Cookbook by Beth Hensperger

14. I highly recommend Family Driven Faith by Voddie T. Baucham Jr. I’m almost done with it, then planning to read it through again!

15. Tori, Jessie, Ria, and Kitty Kat says:

my hubby is a Chef and loves the Alton Brown book in your “waiting” pile! :)

16. On my list to read are:
    1. The Fruitful Life by Jerry Bridges. (He just spoke at our church, btw.)
    2.Instructing a Child’s Heart by Ted Tripp. It is the “sequel” to Shepherding a Child’s Heart. Excellent.