- Life As Mom - http://lifeasmom.com -
Baking With Children: Kid-Sized Tools
Posted By Jessica Fisher On April 13, 2009 @ 7:00 pm In Baking,Family Fun,Memory Making,Promotions | No Comments
Though it may be troublesome at times, teaching your little ones to help in cooking (and cleaning) has a number of benefits:
1. They learn about measuring, mixing, and sorting, all beginning math and science skills.
2. They gain valuable life skills: how to prepare their own food.
3. You eventually have an independent helper. My 11 year old son can prepare quite a lot of foods all on his own which is a boon to this busy mama.
4. You create beautiful memories and traditions together.
And one thing that toddlers and preschoolers particularly appreciate is having their own equipment. Whenever you can, provide your little ones with child-sized aprons, chef’s hats, and tools. They will love the pretending that results.
Today you can enter to win the apron pictured above. Go here  for the details.
Article printed from Life As Mom: http://lifeasmom.com
URL to article: http://lifeasmom.com/2009/04/baking-with-children-kid-sized-tools.html
URLs in this post:
 RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/lifeasmom/oGdA
 free updates via email: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=lifeasmom/oGdA
 Image: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_89L9ZoBsR08/SeDVqqhNY2I/AAAAAAAAEUM/zfBCs4bFcv8/s1600-h/2007+December+207.jpg
 Image: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_89L9ZoBsR08/SeDVq46D7HI/AAAAAAAAEUU/d2ovvEkRWr0/s1600-h/vivimimo.jpg
 ViViMiMo: http://www.vivimimo.bigcartel.com/product/hot-flower-apron
 here: http://lifeasmomreviews.blogspot.com/2009/04/giveaway-childs-apron-from-vivi-mimo.html
Copyright © 2011 Life As Mom. All rights reserved.