- Life As Mom - http://lifeasmom.com -
Family Fun: 6 Meaningful Easter Traditions
Posted By Jessica Fisher On April 8, 2009 @ 11:35 am In Holidays | 7 Comments
It’s easy for the reason of Easter to get lost amongst the chocolate bunnies, ham, and scalloped potatoes. But, knowing why we celebrate and teaching it to our children is so important! Here are some kid friendly ways to talk about what Jesus has done.
1. Hide and seek Resurrection Eggs  and talk about them. (You can make your own set of eggs by following these directions .)
2. Watch the Jesus Film for kids .
3. Read the Biblical account  of Holy Week
4. Create a tomb and use action figures to reenact The First Day of the Week.
5. Bake Empty Tomb Cookies , Empty Tomb Snacks , or Empty Tomb Buns .
6. Bake pretzels . A food created by medieval monks to represent praying hands and used to teach children their prayers, pretzels are a tradition reaching back 100s of years. They can be made without dairy, an ingredient that was traditionally forbidden during Lent. Therefore, they became a popular snack. Eventually, the Easter Sunday practice developed of hiding pretzels with hardboiled eggs nestled in the large openings. This, of course, led to the modern day Easter egg hunt.
What do you do to make Easter more meaningful?
Article printed from Life As Mom: http://lifeasmom.com
URL to article: http://lifeasmom.com/2009/04/family-fun-6-meaningful-easter.html
URLs in this post:
 RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/lifeasmom/oGdA
 free updates via email: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=lifeasmom/oGdA
 Image: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_89L9ZoBsR08/SdwuDkSkLcI/AAAAAAAAER8/zrT4lSvuBAQ/s1600-h/j0407485.jpg
 Resurrection Eggs: http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=297220&kw=resurrection_eggs&event=PPCSRC&p=1018818&cm_mmc=Google-_-Seasonal-_-easter-eggs-_-resurrection%20eggs&gclid=CJG81Na44JkCFRwDagodUxSNVg
 these directions: http://www.teachkidsthebible.com/biblelessons/resurrectioneggs.htm
 Jesus Film for kids: http://www.jesusforchildren.org/
 Biblical account: http://www.biblegateway.com/
 Empty Tomb Cookies: http://www.recipezaar.com/Empty-Tomb-Cookies-220621
 Empty Tomb Snacks: http://www.christiancrafters.com/treat_emptytomb.html
 Empty Tomb Buns: http://christianwomentoday.com/home/etbuns.html
 pretzels: http://www.lifeasmom.com/2009/04/pretzels.html
Copyright © 2011 Life As Mom. All rights reserved.