THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS #1 MICHELLENOTDAWN AND #12 TANYA. PLEASE EMAIL ME TO RECEIVE YOUR PRIZE.
Another way that parents can easily green up their lifestyle or gear up for baby’s arrival in an eco-friendly way, is to buy used books, clothing, and accessories.
I recently found out about a green online book reseller, called Better World Books
According to the company, when you purchase children’s books, cookbooks, or any book that interests your family from BWB, you are:
* Diverting books from landfills (buying used is the best kind of recycling – and so far BWB has spared over 6,000 TONS from ‘fills.)
* Offsetting shipping environmental costs with carbon offsets from CarbonFund.org
* Avoiding an SUV ride to the local Barnes & Noble for a “virgin pulp” new hardback
And as if that wasn’t enough, here are some other bonuses:
* BWB books are up to 80% cheaper than new ones
* Shipping is free!
* Better World shares its revenues with important literacy groups like “Books for Africa”
Better World Books is offering $20 gift certificates to two readers this week.
Pop on over there and find a book you’d like to buy. Come back and tell us about it in the comments. Then, you’ll be entered for your chance to win $20 in books! Very cool!