My Baking Drawer

Years ago I spent several weeks reading books on household organization. One of the tips I found (though I can’t remember where) was the idea of consolidating all your baking utensils in one place.

Here’s my baking drawer. This is where I keep all my measuring spoons and measuring cups as well as the blades to my food processors, my rolling pin, and stray cookie cutters. Basically, anything I need for baking is all in one place. This kind of organization totally works for me!

Got a great storage trick for your baking stuff? Share it with us.

*P.S. Yes, some of those measuring cups are dusty with flour. I use them so often, I don’t wash them everytime, as long as I’m using flour again. Don’t hate me.

Comments

1. Simply Sara says:

I have a drawer just like that, and some of my cups have flour on them too!

2. Great idea, and I love how organized your drawer looks!

3. I also have a drawer like that; it really works, doesn’t it? But my cups don’t have flour on them, they have oatmeal dust!

4. I have a drawer that was supposed to look like that, but it is no longer organized. Your post makes me want to get that drawer back in order!

5. JessieLeigh says:

What a great idea! I’m pretty organized, but I have to admit that my baking stuff is kind of scattered around. Love this drawer idea…

6. a woman after my own heart….I don’t wash my measuring cups every time either and put them back into the drawer dusty.

Your drawer looks a little more organized than mine at that moment too! :)

Enjoy your day!

7. Phoebe @ Cents to Get Debt Free says:

Looks just like my drawer! Comes in mighty handy to have everything in the same spot. I even have the same container thingys as you!

8. Katie @ 3 Blondes and a Redhead says:

When we moved into this house, my mom suggested I make a baking drawer and I don’t know what I did before it! I love that dumb thing…seeing it makes me happy. The sprinkles, the cupcake wrappers, the rows of measuring tools…I’m a huge baking dork. :)

9. Hoosier Homemade says:

Great tip! I have most of my baking items in a corner cabinet that has a lazy susan in it.
    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Liz

10. Jerralea says:

Great looking drawer! I love it. Wish I had more drawers so I could copy yours.