I Think We’re Set, Don’t You?

After a winter bereft of cereal, I was more than a little jazzed to see such great cereal coupons lately. Most were $1 off. Over the last month, I’ve slowly built up a stockpile.

We now have 30 boxes! Oh my! With five kids eating cereal, it probably won’t last long. I’m hoping to limit them to 3 boxes a week, but we’ll see….

Why did I do this? Well, after sales and coupons, I paid about 50 cents for each box. Three boxes were “expensive” at 88 cents, but several boxes were free. So, I know that my average was under the 50 cent rule. Used to be that I spent $2/box and bought 2 boxes a week. Now, we’re getting more for less.

For me, that’s what couponing is all about.

Comments

1. Frances says:

It really is great to find cereal deals when you have kids at home. We used to go through a LOT of cereal. Now I have to be careful to not buy too much, since it is just Hubby and me.

2. Melissa says:

LOL We have a whole shelf full of cereal, too, although I’m certain that my average cost was higher than yours. But we’ll still buy more if the price is right!

3. I’m with you, I have had around 30 boxes and they didnt last long! lol

Right now I only have about 6 boxes, so we are running low.

For me, if I can get them under a buck, I’m fine with that. none of my stores have double or even triple coupons and we only have walmart,winn dixie, and 1 local store, no good ones that run huge deals like some places

4. Stephanie says:

Great deals! I try the .50 limit too but lately $1 and under is all I can snag!

5. Michelle H. says:

When I first saw your post I thought you took a picture of my cabinet! I just re-organized the cereal stockpile after the Tom Thumb deal this week, and we have alsmost exactly the same types of cereal.

My target price is $1 – I am rarely able to get cereal for less than that in the Dallas area. 50 cents a box rocks!

6. The Semi-single Mom says:

I just wanted to give you a little FYI. Right now I qualify for WIC but that may change so I to stock pile the 36oz of cereal they give us. Durring the school year my oldest eats at school & my husband & I both have milk avoidance issues so often its my 2 year old that eats the cereal. I was worried about it going bad when my dad told me to freeze it. It works wonderfully. I put the unopened box in the freezer & get this…no need to defrost. Now I put mine in a plastic box once opened due to living in the extreme south & bugs. You might have to do that too since the box usually ends up soggy but the ability to stockpile far outweighs the one time cost of a plastic box. Just some food for thought. Thanks.

7. Michele says:

I am glad someone ended up with more than me! I had 26 boxes from the big coupon buy. I think that I am down to about 15 now.

8. My kids don’t really eat cereal, but hey, if you can find a great deal – go for it!