When I go out to stores, I’m amazed at some of the prices they charge. I went to Ralphs on Tuesday and they had rice cakes for $2.50 a bag. But, because I get their new ad on Monday, I knew that the price on those very same rice cakes would drop to 75 cents on Wednesday! That’s a huge cost difference. I’m reminded once again to keep my eyes open for good deals.
On that note, I’m thankful for blogs like MoneySavingMom, Freebies4Mom, and Coupon Cravings. I subscribe to their feeds in Google Reader so that each day I can read about the great coupons, free samples, and sales that they’ve been writing about. What a help to me they are, along with forums like Hot Coupon World, to be aware of what’s going on in the stores and restaurants we frequent.
Here are some other money saving ideas and deals that I’ve stumbled upon this past week:
– Buy my ebook Pretty. Cool. Cakes for only $2 instant download. It contains a baker’s dozen of fun and easy themed cakes you can make. Yes, you. Really. This price is good through Sunday. It doubles to its regular price on Monday.
– And while we’re talking cake, don’t forget to check out The Birthday Cake Round-Up. So many fun cakes were submitted. Everyone who participated was entered in a chance to win free dessert from Sara Lee. Visit my giveaway page for the details.
– Purchasing an Entertainment Book is a great way to obtain coupons for restaurants and attractions near you.
– Using Swagbucks as your search engine is a great way to earn points, or swagbucks, for something you’re doing already. When you refer a friend, you get extra points as well, which helps the points really add up. You can trade the points in for prizes, including gift cards and even PayPal money.
– Are you a regular CVS shopper? If you’re not, you might want to be. This week the free school supplies continue. Check out my primer for the details. Sale prices are good through Tuesday.
– This is also a free weekend at select National Parks. The closest one to us is Cabrillo National Monument where we went on a family field trip in January. The kids almost went hurtling off a cliff in their excitement, so I’m not too sure we’re going back so soon. But, it’s great to know that somethings are still free. (Thanks, Coupon Cravings!)