- Life As Mom - http://lifeasmom.com -
MOM Deals This Week
Posted By Jessica Fisher On July 18, 2009 @ 5:50 pm In Uncategorized | No Comments
When I go out to stores, I’m amazed at some of the prices they charge. I went to Ralphs on Tuesday and they had rice cakes for $2.50 a bag. But, because I get their new ad on Monday, I knew that the price on those very same rice cakes would drop to 75 cents on Wednesday! That’s a huge cost difference. I’m reminded once again to keep my eyes open for good deals.
On that note, I’m thankful for blogs like MoneySavingMom , Freebies4Mom , and Coupon Cravings . I subscribe to their feeds in Google Reader so that each day I can read about the great coupons, free samples, and sales that they’ve been writing about. What a help to me they are, along with forums like Hot Coupon World , to be aware of what’s going on in the stores and restaurants we frequent.
Here are some other money saving ideas and deals that I’ve stumbled upon this past week:
– Buy my ebook Pretty. Cool. Cakes  for only $2 instant download. It contains a baker’s dozen of fun and easy themed cakes you can make. Yes, you. Really. This price is good through Sunday. It doubles to its regular price on Monday.
– And while we’re talking cake, don’t forget to check out The Birthday Cake Round-Up . So many fun cakes were submitted. Everyone who participated was entered in a chance to win free dessert from Sara Lee. Visit my giveaway page  for the details.
– Great coupons are to be had at Coupons.com . Browse their selection which changes weekly and print the ones that you’ll use. Check Taylortownpreview  as well for a sneak peek at Sunday’s inserts.
– Purchasing an Entertainment Book  is a great way to obtain coupons for restaurants and attractions near you.
– Using Swagbucks  as your search engine is a great way to earn points, or swagbucks, for something you’re doing already. When you refer a friend, you get extra points as well, which helps the points really add up. You can trade the points in for prizes, including gift cards and even PayPal money.
– Are you a regular CVS shopper? If you’re not, you might want to be. This week the free school supplies continue. Check out my primer  for the details. Sale prices are good through Tuesday.
– IKEA is offering free breakfast  this weekend. It’s one of our favorite places to browse. We still have one of our first furniture purchases, a kitchen table from IKEA. (Thanks, Money Saving Mom !)
– This is also a free weekend  at select National Parks. The closest one to us is Cabrillo National Monument where we went on a family field trip in January. The kids almost went hurtling off a cliff in their excitement, so I’m not too sure we’re going back so soon. But, it’s great to know that somethings are still free. (Thanks, Coupon Cravings !)
Article printed from Life As Mom: http://lifeasmom.com
URL to article: http://lifeasmom.com/2009/07/mom-deals-this-week_18.html
URLs in this post:
 RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/lifeasmom/oGdA
 free updates via email: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=lifeasmom/oGdA
 MoneySavingMom: http://moneysavingmom.com
 Freebies4Mom: http://freebies4mom.com
 Coupon Cravings: http://couponcravings.com
 Hot Coupon World: http://hotcouponworld.com
 Pretty. Cool. Cakes: http://store.payloadz.com/str-asp-i.225425-n.Pretty_Cool_Cakes_eBooks_-end-detail.html
 The Birthday Cake Round-Up: http://www.lifeasmom.com/2009/07/urs-birthday-cake-round-up.html
 my giveaway page: http://lifeasmomreviews.blogspot.com/2009/07/win-free-sara-lee-dessert.html
 Coupons.com: http://print.coupons.com/couponweb/index.aspx?pid=13903&nid=10&zid=xh20&cid=0&bid=1018040001
 Taylortownpreview: http://taylortownpreview.com
 Purchasing an Entertainment Book: http://www.lifeasmom.com/2009/07/great-coupon-resource.html
 Swagbucks: http://swagbucks.com/refer/LifeasMOM
 my primer: http://www.lifeasmom.com/2009/07/cvs-primer-for-july-19-25-lots-more.html
 free breakfast: http://links.ikea-usa.com/servlet/MailView?m=2631046&r=MTM2NTQ0NzEzOTAS1&j=NzQ2MjAyNTkgS0&mt=1
 a free weekend: http://www.nps.gov/findapark/feefreeparks.htm
Copyright © 2011 Life As Mom. All rights reserved.