- Life As Mom - http://lifeasmom.com -
Working Bad to Good
Posted By Jessica Fisher On July 14, 2009 @ 10:19 am In Big Dreams,Parenting and Family | 8 Comments
– The car died in the middle of an intersection. The driver behind us? Got out, helped FishPapa push the car to a parking lot, and drove him to an auto parts store down the street. I imagined that he was 50 kinds of axe murderers and that I’d be widowed and stranded on a Friday night. Turns out he was a police man from a neighboring town and had worked as a Toyota mechanic years before.
– A deer broadsided hubs’ truck on his way to work. He thought we only had liability insurance. Turns out we had comprehensive and collision. The insurance company more than paid for the necessary repairs.
– I scrimped and saved my tutoring money for six months so that I could buy a large freezer. Then, a client reneged on a contract and refused to pay my husband for work completed. Good bye, freezer; that tutoring money went towards paying the mortgage that month. A year later friends relocated to a smaller home and sold me their almost new freezer for a third of what I would have paid prior.
Coincidences? I think not. Rather, they are evidences of God providing for us in unexpected ways. They are also great reminders to me of His Ultimate Goodness, especially when things don’t go according to my plan.
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
– Matthew 6:27-29  (New International Version)
We’ve been talking about bummers in the summer  and several things came to mind.
Unless, we go through the exercise of walking back through the past and seeing evidence of how God worked our bad to good. Those are beautiful memories. They serve as hope and encouragement for the struggles of tomorrow — and today.
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him,
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er,
Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more.
–Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus 
Where have YOU seen God work your bad to good?
Article printed from Life As Mom: http://lifeasmom.com
URL to article: http://lifeasmom.com/2009/07/working-bad-to-good.html
URLs in this post:
 RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/lifeasmom/oGdA
 free updates via email: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=lifeasmom/oGdA
 my free seasonal newsletter: http://eepurl.com/q47Vb
 Image: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_89L9ZoBsR08/Slv_VjVjIGI/AAAAAAAAFl4/Hkb5Khe4djU/s1600-h/2007+June+297.jpg
 Image: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_89L9ZoBsR08/SlvsYWA2sOI/AAAAAAAAFlw/v2aoe3NQ4s8/s1600-h/2007+June+304.jpg
 Matthew 6:27-29: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=47&chapter=6&verse=27&end_verse=29&version=31&context=context
 bummers in the summer: http://www.lifeasmom.com/2009/07/bummers-in-summer.html
 Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus: http://www.igracemusic.com/hymnbook/hymns/t13.html
Copyright © 2011 Life As Mom. All rights reserved.