Gotta Love It! Being Goofy, Magical Capris, and Twitter

If you follow me or a few of my friends on twitter, you may be wondering, “What is all this talk about #magicalcapris? What are these mothers getting so silly about?”

Here is the post to dispell the rumors, lies, and plain ol’ confusion about the #magicalcapris.

The magicalcapris are a pair of camouflage capri pants that I bought two years ago on Kohl’s clearance. I had lost so much weight when we went on our rice and beans, beans and rice diet, that I was actually able to fit in a smaller size than normal. I was at my pre-SIX KIDS weight, believe it or not. And with four boys, camo seemed to be a natural fit for our family.

A year ago I leant them to a friend who wanted something new and fun to wear. I was pregnant at the time and certainly couldn’t wear them. But the funny thing is that this friend is a lot more petite than I am. Her normal size is definitelyWAYYY smaller than my pre-SIX KIDS size. It seemed “magical” that we could both wear them. Then she had a baby and well, neither of us could wear them.

Earlier this year, we started a little friendly competition to see who could fit into these first. But, really these capris are #magicalcapris because they fit her and they fit me, which really goes against most laws of physics, thus the hashtag #magicalcapris.

Our ribbing each other — on twitter — caught the attention of our tweeples, as they say. And it’s “gone viral” since then. Everybody wants #magicalcapris. And if they are what I think they are, they may just fit every bodystyle and shape, within reason.

And if we’re going to tweet, we might as well tweet about something REAL. Not like Balloon Boy or something.

–FishMama
10/22/09

PS. Check out The Happy Housewife’s new look! She wants some bad.

Comments

1. SO glad to know how it all started! :)

I may need some #magicalcapris to finish losing my baby weight. :)

2. Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam says:

Hee hee…yes, it's given me quite a few chuckles over the last few days. :)

3. How funny!!!! I wish there really were #magicalcapris. Then we wouldn't have to worry about buying maternity clothes!

4. Ann Marie says:

LOL! thank you for tweeting this link! Monica and I were curious why ya'll were up all night! :)

5. Stephanie says:

You girls have been cracking me up with this. I have magical capris, but they are in the form of gauchos:) They fit me at all stages and are black so they go with everything AND look good. And can I just say that I CANNOT picture Crystal in camo capris for some reason!?

6. That is sooo funny!! I was literally just wondering what's all this talk about magical capris and there I saw Crystal's tweet linking here. :) LOL I would definitely love to have a pair. I just found a favorite pair of pants I haven't worn in a long time and can't fit them!! It's a size 4! I'm only in shock because I'm one of those people that have trouble gaining weight and had no trouble going back to pre-pregnancy weight but now all of a sudden I've gained so much weight in my midsection I'm now a size 6 or 8 (depending on the maker of the pants). And none of my friends believe me. LOL Must be the age thing that I've lost the ability to stay thin. LOL

7. Crystal looks good in whatever she wears. I've never seen her look bad. It's gonna be the Sisterhood of the Travelling Camo Capris!

8. Phoebe @ Cents to Get Debt Free says:

The #magicalcapris have caused quite the riot..and many a mom waking up tired this morning due to late night laughter sessions. They are good for the soul. :)

9. The Happy Housewife says:

Love the post! Although not as much as I love the #magicalcapris! I can't wait for Blissdom! Three straight days of real life fun!
    Toni

10. The Perfect Trio says:

I was wondering what the hype was about!!!! Too funny! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa

11. Lisa Curcio says:

Y'all have been making me giggle for days with those #magicalcapris lmbo! I had no idea so many tweeples were talking about y'all.

The only thing I can fit into these days are my husbands #magicaljeans that don't make me giggle so much as these are a pair of pants that my husband and I can both fit in.

What I wouldn't give for a pair of #magicalcapris!

12. Lisa, I'm so sorry about your #magicaljeans. We'll see if we can find you some capris, instead.

13. Next movie: Magical Traveling Capris. I wonder who will they get to play you? :)