I went to bed exhausted last night. But, since I’m getting a good habit going this month, I was in bed by 10:30 instead of my usual 1 am. I feel rested and ready to take on the world — or at least my kitchen.
Yesterday I got quite a lot accomplished. Remember my list? I’ve adjusted it somewhat for today. Last night I got the pies made, but no applesauce. And I’ve decided to save the Indian Shuck Bread for a different day. It’s not part of our dinner plan tonight, and I’m not sure how it will freeze since I’ve never made it before. So, here’s my modified plan for the day.
- Make hot dog and hamburger buns. (Dough is working as we speak.)
- Cook applesauce. (My BFF is making this right now!)
- Make granola. (Wasn’t on my original list, but Crystal inspired me.)
- Prepare mixes for scones, pancakes, and cornbread.
- Make big batch of hot cocoa mix.
- Bake cookies – lots and lots of cookies and freeze some dough as well.
It’s about 7:30 right now, so I’m hoping to clock out at lunchtime. But, you know, the best laid plans…. We shall see. In the meantime, it’s Slab Apple Pie for breakfast.