- Life As Mom - http://lifeasmom.com -
Grocery Geek Presents: Shopping for Freezer Cooking Day
Posted By Jessica Fisher On November 28, 2009 @ 2:02 pm In Budget Living,Freezer Cooking,Grocery Geek | 6 Comments
Next week MoneySavingMom  and I are going to be restocking our freezers. It’s so fun to do this with my friend Crystal, even though she lives 2000 miles away. We swap recipes and stories of mishaps and compare notes and try to help each other improve on how we cook and feed our families.
Freezer cooking is an excellent way to save money.
This week I thought I’d give you a quick primer on how to grocery shop for freezer cooking day. This is tailored for all you beginners out there. If you’re a seasoned pro, you might not need this tutorial.
Shopping for Freezer Cooking
1. If you don’t already have a healthy stockpile of food in your pantry and freezer, scan the grocery ads to see what proteins are on sale. Make a list of six meals you’d like to serve your family in December, based on these sale items. I stocked up on turkey and chuck roast, so six of my meals include:
2. Go through each recipe and write down the ingredients that you need for each recipe. Chances are there will be common ingredients. Make tally marks on your list for duplicates.
3. Check your cupboard for what you have. Cross off the things that you don’t need to buy.
4. Collect some coupons. Browse the selection of printables at Coupons.com . Sign up with VocalPoint  so that you’ll start receiving Proctor and Gamble coupons for next month. Check the Sunday Coupon Preview  at A Full Cup to see if you should buy a paper.
5. Go shopping. When you get home, don’t bother to put away the nonperishables if you’re going to be cooking in the next couple days. If you have the room, just leave them in the bags until freezer cooking day. Put the cold stuff away, obviously.
6. Rest up for your cooking marathon.
See ya next week for Freezer Cooking Daze!
Article printed from Life As Mom: http://lifeasmom.com
URL to article: http://lifeasmom.com/2009/11/grocery-geek-presents-shopping-for_28.html
URLs in this post:
 RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/lifeasmom/oGdA
 free updates via email: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=lifeasmom/oGdA
 Image: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_89L9ZoBsR08/SfCAhGX-lAI/AAAAAAAAElQ/ZWjQDtGf4y0/s1600-h/Blog+262.jpg
 MoneySavingMom: http://moneysavingmom.com/
 Coupons.com: http://lm.logicalmedia.com/z/12905/CD5956/
 VocalPoint: http://partners.mysavings.com/z/3753/CD1032/
 Sunday Coupon Preview: http://escalatenetwork.com/affiliate/affiliate.php?id=240&group=18
Copyright © 2011 Life As Mom. All rights reserved.