November is always a busy month for us with two birthdays and a special holiday and getting ready for Christmas. So a few weeks ago I planned out a whole month of meals in one sitting. It comes as no surprise to me that when I looked through my files, I found that last November heralded the start of month-long meal planning season for me as well. It must be a pattern with me that things get a little hairy about this time of year and planning many meals at one time helps alleviate some of that.
It also ensures that we get a little variety in our diet. I can tend to rely on the same old, same old, when I’m menu planning each week. Thinking up 30 dinners at one time forces my hand a bit. Not sure how to do it? Check out these suggestions.
This week not only are we reaping the benefits of month-long meal planning, but we’re also enjoying the fruits of my two days of freezer cooking at the beginning of November. How nice it’s been to look at my meal plan a few times each week and pull items from the freezer that are all prepped and ready to go. It’s a much needed break from the dinner rush.
Here’s what we’ve still got in store:
15. Bernie’s Grilled Chicken*, Grilled Veggies, Salad, Quick Seasoned Rice
16. Roast Chicken, Garlic Potatoes, Green Beans
17. Summer Rolls – no, it’s not summer – but these are easy and delicious!
19. Beans and Rice
20. Pizza and ChiChi’s Salad
21. Pasta w/ Red Sauce, Green Salad, Garlic Bread
22. Hamburgers on Homemade Buns and French Fries, Veggies and Dip
23. Potstickers w/ Dipping Sauces*, Rice, Broccoli
24. BLTs, Potato Salad
25. Pasta w/ Meat Sauce*, Corn Muffins, Green Salad
26. THANKSGIVING w/ the Grandparents
27. at the G’parents
28. at the G’parents
29. Shredded Beef Enchiladas*, Beans and Rice, Green Salad
30. Chicken Stir-fry w/ Sauteed Rice Cakes* (an experiment w/ Asian ingredients)
For more meal-planning inspiration, visit I’m an Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday.