MOM Deals: Make Your List and Check It Twice
Posted By Jessica Fisher On November 21, 2009 @ 7:02 pm In Budget Living | 3 Comments
I think it’s safe to say that the Holiday Shopping Season is getting under full swing. You have a couple options:
- Hide in your cave until it’s over.
- Run out into it pell mell and just buy whatever suits your fancy.
- Make a list, check it twice, and start bargain shopping.
You know me. You know I recommend #3. Start browsing the landscape. But, make a list and think on it. Don’t be hasty.
Even if you don’t need to buy a lot of Christmas gifts or other seasonal items, you may find a sale that suits another need in your family. It’s time to resurrect my Saturday MOM Deals in the hopes that I can help you save a buck or two. (If I find a HOT deal, I won’t wait until Saturday, I’ll share whenever I find it.)
- If you’re not already, sign up for Swagbucks . I know from experience that a whole lot of web-searching goes on at the holidays. Earn points while you search. And you’ll get extra points when you refer friends and family. Points can be redeemed for all sorts of prizes and gift cards. We’re really close to buying a new camera with the Amazon cards we’ve earned.
- Doing a lot of online ordering? Get an Ebates account  so that you can earn cash back on your purchases. So far, our family has earned $68 back on purchases we would have made anyway.
- For a number of different reasons, the Black Friday sales are starting prior to Black Friday this year. If you remember, deaths and riots were evident last November. So sad. I think stores are trying to prevent a mad rush for the deals. Check out the Black Friday Deals  at A Full Cup to see what all is available. I know I’ll be visiting my in-law’s CVS this weekend.
- Though you won’t face a stampede at Amazon, their Black Friday deals  are also starting early.
- Now through Christmas the SeaLife Aquarium at Legoland is offering a Kids Play Free discount. Download the coupon here .
- Now is the time to stock up at the grocery store! I’m seeing flour, sugar, butter, chicken broth, and veggies for rock-bottom prices. If you combine coupons with these sales, you could do quite well at the check-out! Browse the coupon selection at Coupons.com  for some added savings. And don’t forget to scan the Sunday Coupon Preview  to see if it’s worth your while to pick up the paper.
Found a great deal? Tell us about it!
Article printed from Life As Mom: http://lifeasmom.com
URL to article: http://lifeasmom.com/2009/11/mom-deals-make-your-list-and-check-it.html
URLs in this post:
 RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/lifeasmom/oGdA
 free updates via email: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=lifeasmom/oGdA
 Image: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_89L9ZoBsR08/Swg641ie0OI/AAAAAAAAGkY/X0t_CVsuKqQ/s1600/j0427707.jpg
 sign up for Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/LifeasMOM
 Get an Ebates account: http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=SDDexBaoxomTwhFoXZRRvQ%3D%3D
 the Black Friday Deals : http://escalatenetwork.com/affiliate/affiliate.php?id=240&group=23
 Black Friday deals: http://www.amazon.com/b/?node=384082011&tag=lifeasmom-20
 Thanksgiving Recipe E-book: http://escalatenetwork.com/affiliate/affiliate.php?id=240&group=22
 here: http://www.sealifeus.com/files/pr_files/kidsplayfree.pdf
 Coupons.com : http://escalatenetwork.com/affiliate/affiliate.php?id=240&group=24
 Sunday Coupon Preview: http://escalatenetwork.com/affiliate/affiliate.php?id=240&group=18
Click here to print.