I’m Booking It in 2010! Are You? Share Your Plan

Yesterday I shared my reading goals for the year as well as a new feature here on LifeasMOM. Each month we’re gonna be talking about good books, bad books, and must reads. Today’s the day to share your reading goals for the year.

• You don’t have to have an elaborate reading plan, but jotting down a few book titles that you’ve been wanting to read may be the motivation needed to check them out at the library or purchase them with Swagbucks.
  • Maybe you just want to focus on reading daily with your children. Excellent idea!
  • Maybe you’re going to cook your way through a new cookbook. Sounds delish!
Just post about what you plan to do with real, live books this year and bring the link back here. (Feel free to use the button above.) And if you don’t have a blog, no problem, just share your goals in the comments section.
I’m so eager to see what you’re reading this year so that I can be freshly inspired in my own pursuit of good reads!

Comments

1. I'm a public library librarian,s o I'm just going to read as much as possilbe! Perhaps a little more non-fic.

2. Together We Save says:

I need to read more… as soon as I see the eye doctor I will be finding a good book.

3. Oh! I had posted a link to my post from last night before I read through your entire post. I don't have a link back here in it so if you could, please delete me from the list. I hate to not follow the rules!

4. withwithout says:

Don't forget about paperbackswap.com! I use it to "upgrade" my bookshelf; read-once books get posted and I can then look for (or put on my wishlist) books that I have been wanting to read.

I am trying to get through some more books on the "1001 Books to read before you die" list.

5. Christy, the Notable Blogger says:

Ironically, I'm trying to read LESS this year! Ha ha! Read less, write more. Live life, don't just read about it. I made it through a remarkable number of books in the past few years, and it's time to open…or close a chapter. I will, however, be reading right along, but only a few carefully selected books. The rest of my reading time is Bible or out loud with my children.

6. Kelly Morris says:

I didn't have enough to say about this to write a post about it, but I SO love reading and miss it greatly. With 9 kids, my goal this year would be to read for pleasure more and not information, also to FINISH a book, again not searching for information about adoption issues, etc.

Kelly

7. lifeatlibbys says:

Any excuse to talk about books! I am finally making the blog happen in 2010 and reading goals was a great way for me to focus on what I want to read during my precious down time. Looking forward to checking out these links.

8. My goals for reading this year are less novels and to read non-fiction books from cover-to-cover without starting another one when I get bored with the topic! I am reading "Shepherding a Child's Heart" by Tedd Tripp and after that I plan to read "Don't Make Me Count to Three!" by Ginger Plowman.

9. OMG I LOVE this idea!! I haven't read books in years! I am adding this to my list of 2010 goals. Thank you for inspiring me and reminding me how much I miss reading!!

10. Frugal Friend says:

Marilyn, I loved Sheparding a Child's Heart. It changed a lot of how I disciplined too!

I've read some Christian fiction in the past couple years and have really enjoyed them. But I get sucked into it so easily. So this year I think I need more of a time limit and spread out my reading more.

Thanks for doing this post! I never thought about having reading goals for myself.

11. Thanks for the encouragement that I need to read more for myself and my family!

12. My reading goals for this year are to read more non-fiction and try new fiction authors. I usually go to library and never get out of my comfort zone. :)

13. For the last couple of years, I have been working on my “always wanted to read but have never read” list. As an English Lit major (in a former life!!), this list is rather long. I have been doing quite well.
    Presently on the desk (waiting to be read) are:
    Sanditon, The Watson, and Lady Jane – Jane Austen
    The Mysteries of Udolpho – Ann Radcliffe (I am SO looking forward to this one!)
    Around the World in 80 Days – Jules Verne
    Villette – Charlotte Bronte
    Agnes Grey – Anne Bronte
    Anna Karenina – Leo Tolstoy (yikes!)
    LastMinute Patchwork+Quilted Gifts – Joelle Hoverson

There are many many more on my Amazon wishlist, once I make it through these!!!
    Erin

14. I just decided to do this, and I haven’t posted it to my blog yet. Decided 1 book a week, practical,spiritual, business( cooks books count as I am a personal chef LOL) and my choice which most likely will be romantic as I have no romance in my life.

15. This is a great challenge!

16. I absolutely LOVE this idea! I love that we are reading books and titles that suit our own, unique and individual, personalities. I am continuing my education, so I have set a goal to read, in addition to my college literature, one adult book per month. I am starting with The Five Love Languages (but with my husband this time) and The Shack… and of course The Bible will be daily reading for me! I can’t wait to see what others are reading! Thanks for inviting me to join! XOXO

17. I would like to know when women with kids find time to read a book- I have no down time except when I am asleep LOL.

18. I joined! I am making a small attainable goal since reading is not something usually in my schedule. But I am really excited about this challenge. Thanks for the encouragement to read!

19. I’m a Ph.D. student studying for comprehensive exams so I’m reading a lot of stuff! I’m focusing on Victorian and Early American Literature. My blog hosts some of my notes on the eras as well as helpful hints about how to study literature effectively.

20. Thanks for this reading challenge! I just finished my first book of the year, and wrote a review about it on my blog. Now I’m evouring 3 more (one that wasn’t on my list). . It’s great to have accountability to others! Thank you and blessings!

21. I just found your site and will be subscribing just based on what little I’ve read so far. Have you heard of Goodreads.com? That’s where I keep track of everything I’ve read and want to read (if I write it done, I will lose the paper so keeping it on the computer is best for me.) I’ve also started an account for my two oldest children so I can keep track of what they read as well. They like to see the list grow!

22. Well, although I was a bit late in finding the post, I decided to blog about it anyway, and surprisingly, I found out that I have read 37 books so far in 2010! More to come.
    Laura