- Life As Mom - http://lifeasmom.com -
Meal Planning: Freezer Cooking Saves the Day!
Posted By Jessica Fisher On April 18, 2010 @ 1:30 pm In Good Eats,Meal Planning | 9 Comments
We experimented with a new pizza recipe this week. And as evidenced by Quick Hand FishBaby, it was a hit! The recipe was one for Matza Pizza, using this recipe from Tammy’s Recipes . FishPapa and I had been wanting to try out cracker crust pizza at home, so when I saw her post, I knew that was the one to try. So yummy! I’m now on a mission to figure out if I can turn this crust into a freezer component. I’ve really enjoyed some of the new homemade convenience items I made last Freezer Cooking Days , including but not limited to Butterhorn Rolls , Focaccia , and Cinnamon Rolls . It’s been wonderful to have these homemade breads all ready to pop in the oven or rewarm. I am really hoping that I can add Matza Pizza to my list. Yummy! As usual, freezer cooking  saves the day for me.
18. Chicken Cacciatore – The chicken breasts are frozen in a seasoned tomato sauce. I will most likely thaw and then cook in the crockpot and serve over pasta.
19. Spice-Rubbed Fish, Rice, Salad, Cheddar Biscuits – This is just a fun night of cooking and experimenting.
20. Taco Night – I precooked the taco meat  and stored it in the freezer along with a bag of grated cheese. At dinnertime, I just warm the meat and the taco shells from the pantry and add shredded lettuce and the thawed cheese.
22. Rice and Beans  – The cooked beans and grated cheese are ready in the freezer. I can thaw them the morning of and cook up a pot of Mexican Rice that night.
Whatcha got cooking this week at your house? Share it at Menu Plan Monday !
Article printed from Life As Mom: http://lifeasmom.com
URL to article: http://lifeasmom.com/2010/04/meal-planning-freezer-cooking-saves-the-day.html
URLs in this post:
 RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/lifeasmom/oGdA
 free updates via email: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=lifeasmom/oGdA
 my free seasonal newsletter: http://eepurl.com/q47Vb
 Image: http://lifeasmom.com/2010/04/meal-planning-freezer-cooking-saves-the-day.html/tammy-matza-pizza
 this recipe from Tammy’s Recipes: http://tammysrecipes.com/homemade_unleavened_bread_matzah
 last Freezer Cooking Days: http://lifeasmom.com/2010/04/cheesecakes-chocolate-chip-banana-bread-and-cinnamon-rolls-for-the-freezer.html
 Butterhorn Rolls: http://lifeasmom.com/2010/04/foccacia-butterhorns-granola-and-my-own-mixes.html
 Focaccia: http://www.goodcheapeats.com/2010/01/garlic-focaccia.html
 Cinnamon Rolls: http://www.goodcheapeats.com/2009/10/whole-grain-cinnamon-rolls.html
 taco meat: http://lifeasmom.com/2010/04/pinto-beans-taco-meat-and-roasted-garlic-mashed-potatoes.html
 red sauce: http://lifeasmom.com/2010/04/homemade-croutons-shredded-chicken-and-red-sauce.html
 Rice and Beans: http://www.goodcheapeats.com/2009/06/good-cheap-eat-beans-and-rice.html
 Homemade Pizza: http://www.goodcheapeats.com/2009/07/basic-homemade-pizza.html
 Ranch Dip: http://lifeasmom.com/2008/07/delicious-ranch-dressing.html
 Menu Plan Monday: http://orgjunkie.com
Copyright © 2011 Life As Mom. All rights reserved.