This is Herbs and Spices week in the Build a Frugal Pantry series over at Good Cheap Eats. This family of ingredients is a great addition to your cupboards. Herbs and spices take up little room and can add quite a punch to your recipes, both savory and sweet. A small bottle of something can be quite pricey, but if you buy small quantities from the bulk section of your health food store or split an economy jar with some friends, you can get quite a bang for your buck.
One of our favorite meals of late has been Grilled Shrimp Tacos, drizzled with Yogurt-Dill Dressing. So yummy. I mixed up a spice rub that we’ve enjoyed on fish steaks as well as shrimp. This is a great way for your friends in your spice cupboard to mingle.
Recipe: Spicy Seafood Rub
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Store in an airtight container.
- To use: Brush shrimp or fish with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Grill until cooked through.
What’s a spice-y recipe that your family loves? Share it with us!
Here’s how to participate in Ultimate Recipe Swap:
1. Post your recipe on your blog. Please mention www.lifeasMOM.com in your post so that your readers know where all the other good recipes are hanging out. Then, come back here to add the link to your post to Mr. Linky below. (Find instructions for Mr. Linky here.)
2. If you don’t have a blog, simply post your recipe or tell us about it in the comments section.
3. Above all, please stick to topic. Today is recipes with some spice, not necessarily “hot,” but certainly spice or herbs. So if your recipe doesn’t fit, it will be deleted. Thanks for understanding.
Have a story to go along with your recipe? We’d love to hear it!