I am amazed that May is already here. And it seems like our calendar is filling quickly.
May is actually quite the interesting month around here as my husband experiences the FishMama Trifecta, also known as Mother’s Day, Our Anniversary, and My Birthday all in a 20 day span of time. Plus, at least two family trips. Oh yes, the party never ends around here. We also have three FishKids birthdays thrown into the next 6 weeks, so prepare to see some birthday cakes!
Now that I think about it, I’m doubly glad that I spent all of Friday cooking to put meals in the freezer for the rest of the month. May is going to be crazy!
May Meal Plan and How Freezer Cooking Fits In
1. Free for All – Mom’s tired and FishBoys have a birthday party to go to.
2. Family trip
4. Grilled Fish, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Green Salad – Fish rub is already made for a quick grill, mashed potatoes from the freezer, make a quick salad
6. Chicken and Bacon Sub, Green Salad, Veggies and Dip – The large sub sandwich is in the freezer, ready to throw into a hot oven. Salad and veggies are an easy side.
14. Anniversary Dinner
16. Baked Chicken, Roast Potatoes, and Green Salad – The chicken is prebaked and frozen. Potatoes and Green Salad are easy side dishes.
17. Grilled Fish, Seasoned Rice, and Steamed Veggies – An easy dinner to throw together. I’m thinking I might be able to cook the rice and steam the veggies at the same time in the rice cooker.
19. Meatballs and Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Steamed Veggies – The meatballs and mashed potatoes are made and frozen. The rest is easy to pull together.
20. Family Field Trip
21. Birthday Dinner
22. Stuffed Chicken, Rice Pilaf, Green Salad – The chicken is made and frozen. The rice and salad are easy to throw together.
27. Birthday Dinner
29. Baked Chicken, Green Salad, Rolls – The chicken is prebaked and frozen. Rolls and Green Salad are easy side dishes.
30. Grilled Fish, Rice, and Vegetables
31. Grilled Tri-Tip, Mashed Potatoes, Green Salad – The mashed potatoes are in the freezer.
What have you got cooking this week? Be sure to share it over at I’m an Organizing Junkie.