Meal Planning from the Freezer

Over the last week, I’ve been diligently planning and cooking and shopping and cooking to fill my freezer. I think I’m just about cooked out. But, the beauty of freezer meals is that the hard part is done now.

Freezer Meals in Real Life

Sunday:

Monday:

• Muffins and Smoothies – Muffin mix is already to go. Just mix up the red team and bake. Smoothies come together quickly in the magic bullet.
  • Burritos/Chimichangas – These go fast around here. I made 44 and we’re down to about 20 now.
  • Pasta with Meat Sauce, Salad, Corn Bread – The sauce and corn bread are already to go in the freezer. Just boil some noodles and make a salad.

Tuesday

Wednesday (Birthday Boy chose the menu):

• Eggs, Toast, Sausage
  • Chicken Pot Pie - This one threw me for a loop. Thankfully, I’ve got shredded chicken and broth in the freezer.
  • Out to dinner

Thursday:

Friday (Park Day)

• Scones - going to mix up a double or triple batch and freeze the extras uncooked. Works like a charm!
  • Picnic Sandwiches
  • Pizza Night – dough, sauce, cheese, and toppings are already to go in the freezer. Easy night!

Saturday (Birthday Boy chose the menu):

What have YOU got cooking this week?

Get more menu planning inspiration at I’m an Organizing Junkie.

Comments

1. Great menu! I’m getting an error (page not found) when I try to view the recipe for the Bacon and Chicken Subs. Anyone else having that problem, or is it just me?

• @Cassie,
      yes me too, but she said she’s gonna fix tomorrow! So excited to see it!!! I do the burritos after reading this awhile back. So good!!!

2. Angela Shrader says:

Ms. Jessica, thanks for all the hard work you’ve put into this!!! It is very appreciated. I’m getting an error message as well on the subs; were you just teasing us?

3. How do you freeze the burritos, chimachangas? Just make them up and freeze them? Don’t they get dry and crack in the freezer?

@Martha, I freeze them as burritos (not crisped yet) in freezer bags. They’ve been wonderful! No cracking at all. I think that is because I warmed the tortillas slightly before rolling them.

4. Sounds delicious! I’m getting the error message too for the page with the chicken recipes.

5. I am getting the error message too when linking up the bacon and chicken sub.

6. Jessica Fisher says:

Sorry about the error message, ladies! That link will work tomorrow {blushes}. I got a little ahead of myself. I made in inactive until then so I won’t tease anybody else. ;)

7. Great week planned! Can’t wait for that elusive recipe!

8. You don’t have to thaw the burgers to cook them! Just put them on the grill, or griddle or in a frying pan and start cooking. When the top of the burger starts to “get wet” looking…flip them over. It works great everytime!

9. I love these posts. I have yet to take the OAMC plunge, but I’m working up the gumption! How will you freeze your sconce batter? Will you plop them into blobs and flash freeze? And what about cooking — defrost first or straight to oven? Thanks!

I experimented with it two ways. Baked them and then froze them = yummy. Flash froze the formed scones and baked frozen = yummy. Going to do a bunch of this!

10. Tay Chambers says:

Do you store all of your dry team mixes in the freezer? This is the vibe I’m getting as I look through your menu. If so, is there a reasonn why? I made up some mixes, but I store them in the pantry.

I do store them in the freezer to avoid bugs and rodents. Never had that problem, but I don’t want to find out. Also, whole wheat flour has a shorter shelf life than white. So, they’ll last better in the freezer. Good question. You can store in the pantry if you want. I’m just hedging my bets. ;)