Over the last week, I’ve been diligently planning and cooking and shopping and cooking to fill my freezer. I think I’m just about cooked out. But, the beauty of freezer meals is that the hard part is done now.
Freezer Meals in Real Life
- Cinnamon Rolls, Fresh Fruit – Amy has totally revolutionized my life as regards Sunday morning cinnamon rolls. I now feel at a loss if there isn’t a bag of rolls in the freezer.
- Grilled Hamburgers on Homemade Buns, Veggies and Dip, Fruit Salad – The hamburgers are already to go. Just need to thaw and cook. And the homemade buns freeze beautifully.
- Grilled Fish, Seasoned Rice, Green Salad, Garlic Bread – Fish is an easy main dish that I keep on hand in the freezer. We generally rub this spice blend on and grill. The rice cooks in the rice cooker. Serve with lemon slices, salad, and easy freezer garlic bread.
- Muffins and Smoothies – Muffin mix is already to go. Just mix up the red team and bake. Smoothies come together quickly in the magic bullet.
- Burritos/Chimichangas – These go fast around here. I made 44 and we’re down to about 20 now.
- Pasta with Meat Sauce, Salad, Corn Bread – The sauce and corn bread are already to go in the freezer. Just boil some noodles and make a salad.
- Cereal/Instant Oatmeal, Fruit – I made a bunch of homemade instant oatmeal. Many of the kids love it. Some don’t, so they’ll have cereal.
- Snacky Lunch
- Bacon and Chicken Sub Sandwiches – a new freezer meal
Wednesday (Birthday Boy chose the menu):
- Eggs, Toast, Sausage
- Chicken Pot Pie – This one threw me for a loop. Thankfully, I’ve got shredded chicken and broth in the freezer.
- Out to dinner
- Pancakes – mix is in the freezer
- Queso Fundido, Homemade Corn Tortillas, Mexican Rice, Salad – Throw the pan of queso in the oven, have hubs make tortillas, stir up rice and a salad. A little extra work, but so worth it.
Friday (Park Day)
- Scones – going to mix up a double or triple batch and freeze the extras uncooked. Works like a charm!
- Picnic Sandwiches
- Pizza Night – dough, sauce, cheese, and toppings are already to go in the freezer. Easy night!
Saturday (Birthday Boy chose the menu):
- Breakfast Out
- Grilled Tri-Tip, Cheesy Potatoes, Salad, and Chocolate Cheesecake – This is one of our favorite special occasion meals. You can download all the recipes and a timeline for making it ahead. It can all be made in advance if you want to.
What have YOU got cooking this week?
Get more menu planning inspiration at I’m an Organizing Junkie.