- Life As Mom - http://lifeasmom.com -
Meal Planning: Our Week Without Chick-Fil-A
Posted By Jessica Fisher On July 12, 2010 @ 1:14 am In Meal Planning,Uncategorized | 12 Comments
So, last week I shared my meal plan with you. But, as it turned out. I followed it very little. You see, San Diego area Chick-Fil-A  restaurants held Customer Appreciation Week. They offered free dinner every night. Every. night. And except for one night of opting out of the Spicy Chicken which is too spicy for our little people, we took them up on their offer.
When I questioned the family’s plan, someone piped up, “What part of FREE do you not understand?” Clearly, Mrs. Frugal Friday  has created a monster.
But, I can’t complain since I loooove the Chicken Strips Salad with Caesar Dressing.
Needless to say by our fourth fried chicken meal of the week, FishBoy13 could only lie on a booth bench and groan. And while we would really, really, really like to win Chick-Fil-A for a year , everyone in the family is ready to get back to our regularly programmed schedule this week.
Here’s our meal plan for the week, including a brief explanation of how freezer cooking  works into it.
12. Pasta with Meat Sauce , Steamed Veggies, Garlic Bread  - The pasta sauce is a great recipe for freezer cooking as is the garlic bread. Boil water, heat sauce, steam veggies, and throw the bread in the oven.
13. Tacos, Beans, and Rice  – The taco meat and the beans are precooked and waiting in the freezer. Rice comes together quickly on the stove. Since we have tortilla chips, we may turn this meal into a Taco Bowl meal.
14. Grilled Chicken , Pasta Salad, Fresh Fruit - The chicken breast is marinated in a freezer bag in the freezer. I’ll just pull it and thaw 1-2 days ahead of serving. Hubs will grill that while I can make the pasta salad ahead of time. If I play my cards right, I could even cook double the pasta on Monday to make pasta salad for Wednesday.
15. Queso Fundido , Corn Tortillas, Green Salad – Queso Fundido is a fantastic freezer meal. Hubs will make corn tortillas while the meat and cheese warm. A big salad can be made ahead.
16. Pizza Night  – Pizza Night is getting easier since I started freezing the dough. I make freezer kits with the dough, a bag of cheese, and a container of sauce. You can add other freezable toppings as well like cooked meats, flash frozen veggies, etc.
18. Hamburgers, Potato Salad , Fruit – I preformed and seasoned the burgers, so those will be easy to throw on the grill. Potato salad is quick as is a fruit side dish.
PS. Don’t forget to vote for me and my herd so we can win Chick-Fil-A for a year ! We’re the ones from COW-lifornia.
Article printed from Life As Mom: http://lifeasmom.com
URL to article: http://lifeasmom.com/2010/07/meal-planning-our-week-without-chick-fil-a.html
URLs in this post:
 RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/lifeasmom/oGdA
 free updates via email: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=lifeasmom/oGdA
 my free seasonal newsletter: http://eepurl.com/q47Vb
 Image: http://lifeasmom.com/2010/07/meal-planning-our-week-without-chick-fil-a.html/fishbaby-cfa
 my meal plan with you. : http://lifeasmom.com/2010/07/julys-monthly-meal-planning.html
 Chick-Fil-A: http://chickfila.com
 Mrs. Frugal Friday: http://lifeasmom.com/category/budget-living/frugal-friday
 Image: http://lifeasmom.com/2010/07/meal-planning-our-week-without-chick-fil-a.html/july-002
 win Chick-Fil-A for a year: http://apps.facebook.com/chickfila-photo/photos/detail/366?ref=mf
 freezer cooking: http://lifeasmom.com/2010/03/preparing-for-freezer-cooking.html
 Pasta with Meat Sauce: http://lifeasmom.com../2010/06/more-ground-beef-freezer-meals.html
 Garlic Bread: http://lifeasmom.com../2010/05/easy-make-ahead-garlic-bread-and-an-ultimate-recipe-swap.html
 Tacos, Beans, : http://lifeasmom.com../2010/04/pinto-beans-taco-meat-and-roasted-garlic-mashed-potatoes.html
 Rice: http://www.lifeasmom.com/2009/04/ultimate-recipe-swap-mexican-food.html
 Grilled Chicken: http://lifeasmom.com../2010/04/chicken-in-marinades.html
 Queso Fundido: http://lifeasmom.com../2009/05/queso-fundido.html
 Pizza Night: http://goodcheapeats.com/2009/07/basic-homemade-pizza/
 Meatloaf: http://lifeasmom.com/2010/06/more-ground-beef-freezer-meals.html
 Mashed Potatoes: http://goodcheapeats.com/2010/06/meatballs-mashed-potatoes-and-gravy/
 Potato Salad: http://lifeasmom.com../2008/05/summer-salad-triumvirate.html
 Image: http://lifeasmom.com/2010/07/meal-planning-our-week-without-chick-fil-a.html/hail-cowlifornia-sm
Copyright © 2011 Life As Mom. All rights reserved.