- Life As Mom - http://lifeasmom.com -
5 Last Minute Gift Ideas for Grandparents’ Day
Posted By Jessica Fisher On September 6, 2010 @ 8:35 pm In Family Fun,Memory Making | 2 Comments
While Grandparents’ Day hasn’t entered the cultural lexicon in the same way as Mother’s Day and Father’s Day have, it is still a fun day to observe and help your kids show their love and affection for the grandparents. It’s quickly approaching — next Sunday is the day.
1. Pull out paper and crayons and help your child craft a card. In the continental US, if you can get it in the mail by Wednesday, you should be good to ship in time for Saturday arrival.
2. Prepare some smaller serving meals for their freezer. Don aprons and head to the kitchen with the kiddos for some freezer cooking . Make a big batch of Gramma’s favorite soup or Grampa’s special bread. Divide into portion size containers and freeze. Then deliver later in the week.
3. Take them out to eat. Visit their favorite restaurant or try someplace new. You might even find a bargain. When you join Chili’s Email Club  you can get a free Chili’s Appetizer.
4. Create a video. Modern technology is amazing. You can create a slideshow or creative video and upload it in minutes. No matter where your grandparents live, you can surprise them with a show.
5. Let your fingers do the walking. Make a point to pick up the phone this week and call your grandparents or help your kids call theirs. Don’t wait for Sunday. Do it now before you forget.
Article printed from Life As Mom: http://lifeasmom.com
URL to article: http://lifeasmom.com/2010/09/5-last-minute-gift-ideas-for-grandparents-day.html
URLs in this post:
 RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/lifeasmom/oGdA
 free updates via email: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=lifeasmom/oGdA
 my free seasonal newsletter: http://eepurl.com/q47Vb
 Image: http://lifeasmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/FishChick-and-Gpa-Lee.jpg
 some freezer cooking: http://lifeasmom.com/features/freezer-cooking-days
 When you join Chili’s Email Club: http://lm.logicalmedia.com/z/19563/CD5956/
 Works for Me Wednesday: http://wearethatfamily.com/category/wfmw/
Copyright © 2011 Life As Mom. All rights reserved.