- Life As Mom - http://lifeasmom.com -
Fall Busy-ness: Can Do Versus Should Do
Posted By Jessica Fisher On September 19, 2010 @ 1:25 am In Falling for Fun,GOD,Joyful Womanhood | 15 Comments
As Fall gets under way, so does the business that accompanies back to school, fall sports, and upcoming holidays. The lazy days of summer have given way for all sorts of craziness — if we let it.
Somedays it feels like my life is characterized by a wide variety of should do‘s. You know….
Life is full of shoulds. And quite honestly, those can be overwhelming. If you strive to be a responsible and conscientious mom (which I bet you do), you face shoulds all the live long day. I don’t know that we will ever see the end of them. And sometimes they’re quite paralyzing.
We can do what we can.
I don’t say that in a flippant way. I’m not shrugging it off with “Whatever.” But I know that when I forget about the guilt-trip and just try to do what’s within my reach, I feel better, my family is well served, and I actually produce more.
1. Take a moment and jot down all the shoulds that are floating around in your head. Get them on paper. (Seriously.)
2. Next, go get your favorite drink. (Really.)
3. Now, look at your list, whilst sipping your drink, and circle the three things that you honestly CAN DO this week. If you want, copy those three onto an index card and keep it where you can refer to it this week. If you want to get all motivational about it, write “I CAN” at the top.
4. Save your list of shoulds. You can look it over again in a week or in a month or in a year. You may find that some of the shoulds become more important while others become obsolete.
5. This week focus on your CAN DO’s.
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. — Ecclesiastes 3:1 
Article printed from Life As Mom: http://lifeasmom.com
URL to article: http://lifeasmom.com/2010/09/fall-busy-ness-can-do-versus-should-do.html
URLs in this post:
 RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/lifeasmom/oGdA
 free updates via email: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=lifeasmom/oGdA
 my free seasonal newsletter: http://eepurl.com/q47Vb
 Image: http://lifeasmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/fall-leaves.jpg
 EclecticBlogs: http://www.flickr.com/people/eclecticblogs/
 Ecclesiastes 3:1: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes+3:1&version=NIV
Copyright © 2011 Life As Mom. All rights reserved.