Even though the hot summer days are fading, our need to drink water hasn’t. In fact, as kids play in team sports or ramble outdoors in cooler weather, it’s even more important that they keep hydrated, even though they may not think they’re thirsty.
While I know that filling my own water bottles from our filtered water on the fridge is probably the most economical and environmentally-friendly option, it’s honestly quite a pain. The water comes out slowly, making the fill of eight bottles of water a long operation. So, I’ve been buying bottled water.
But that could change….
Recently 3M sent me a Filtrete Water Station to try out. I was a little skeptical at first. So what if it fills four bottles at one time?
So what? Do you know how convenient that is when you have eight thirsty mouths?
We’ve run the water system through its paces. The water tastes great and the bottles fill really quickly. Replacement filters and bottles are readily available on Amazon. And the reusable bottles are easy to use once you get the hang of the fancy attached cap.
According to 3M, the Filtrete Water Station
- is great for families looking to up their water intake without the hassle of needing to buy separate water bottles or bottled water.
- filters water directly from the tap into four, BPA-free reusable water bottles
- provides the convenience of bottled water without the cost and waste
- helps reduce chlorine taste and odor and sediment
- allows you to filter one, two, three or four bottles at the same time
- saves up to 3,000 plastic bottles from ending up in landfills
- is perfect for school lunches, playground dates and soccer practice
The only drawback I’ve experienced is that four bottles isn’t enough for our family. The starter kit comes with four, so I’ll be buying a few more bottles to even out our supply.
This week, one LifeasMOM reader will win a Filtrete Water Station.
Pick one, pick ‘em all. You choose.
1. Leave a comment, telling us how you keep your family hydrated.
2. Follow FishMama and FiltreteWater on twitter. Then tweet this giveaway, such as “@FishMama is giving away a @FiltreteWater System. Enter to win: http://wp.me/pLlgS-2Ao” Then, leave a second comment, telling us you did so.
3. Subscribe to LifeasMOM in a reader or via email. (Don’t forget to verify it when Feedburner sends you the confirmation.) Then leave a third comment, telling us you subscribe.
Giveaway will be open until Sunday, September 26 at 8 pm PST. Winners to be chosen at random and announced via email. Please respond within 48 hours of announcement email in order to claim your prize.
This giveaway is now closed. Winner has been announced and emailed.
Disclosure: I received a complementary water system for review as well as compensation for time spent writing and administering this giveaway. I was not compensated to publish positive comments. My opinions are my own. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.