One of the things that we’ve already determined about new moms is that they need help in adjusting to a new baby and a new season of life. They also like to know that meal time is going to happen everyday.
Oh my! I remember how ravenous I was in those early weeks!
A new mom can help herself out by planning easy meals during the postpartum phase. Or she can get help from:
- friends who fill her freezer ahead of time
- friends who bring meals after Baby comes home
- a meal planning service that does the thinking for you!
The Fresh 20 is one such meal planning service. Subscribers receive a weekly email that has everything laid out in orderly fashion, including:
- A week’s menu of five meals
- A complete grocery list
- Recipes for the week’s meals
- And quick tips to make cooking easier.
One of the features of this meal planning service is that the meals feature mostly fresh ingredients, with just a few pantry staples like spices, sugar, or oil. And, your fresh ingredients list is limited to 20, making shopping easier and more economical because you may be buying in bulk.
If you’re looking to increase the freshness of your family’s meals without going through a lot of mental gymnastics, The Fresh 20 is worth a try. The recipes will certainly please even picky eaters, without resorting to canned cream soups or refrigerated dough. And there’s a cost estimate to each week’s meal plan for ease of budgeting.
This week two LifeasMOM readers will each receive an annual membership to The Fresh 20.
Choose one, choose ’em all.
1. Leave a comment on this post, sharing your favorite food to eat while pregnant or nursing.
2. Follow @FishMama and @TheFresh20 on twitter. Tweet about this giveaway, such as “It’s Baby Week at LifeasMOM.com. Enter this great giveaway from @FishMama & @TheFresh20: http://wp.me/pLlgS-2PR” Then, leave a second comment on this post telling us you did so.
Giveaway will be open until Sunday, October 31 at 8 pm, PST. Winners will be chosen at random and notified via email. Please respond within 48 hours to claim your prize.
Congratulations to t.sorci.b@ and shellieandnick@