FishFam Gets Duded Up

Last weekend we went to a reception for my sister and her new husband. And for the occasion, we got duded up. Dressing eight people in special duds is no small feat, but I think we pulled it off.

The FishBoys loved the three soda minimum that I set for the evening. It was clearly an opportunity to be a Yes Mom.

FishChick3 loved playing with her cousins, her flowers, and her princess necklace from Auntie Jamie.

FishChick2 loved being the center of attention during the photo shoot.

I loved hanging with my handsome hubby, visiting with family and old friends, celebrating my sister’s marriage, and changing out of the dress with the built-in spanx.

Do you “dress up” often?

Comments

1. You look absolutely beautiful, Jessica!

2. Beautiful family!!!

3. Stephanie says:

I don’t dress up too often, but if I looked as beautiful as you, I know I would! You have a great looking family! Thanks for sharing.

4. What a lovely family!! I think you “pulled it off” Beautifully! :)

5. you look gorgeous, dah-ling! :)

6. You all look beautiful (and handsome, accordingly)! We actually get dressed up quite a bit around here. So much fun. :)

7. Jessica Fisher says:

Aww… thanks. I actually was a little embarrassed at all my wrinkles. Thanks for making the old lady feel better.

8. You all look fabulous! Hope you got a group shot, too!

9. LOVE the pictures, you all look GREAT! We are the same way, we don’t all get dressed up very often… it’s so nice to see when it happens! :) I have to say too, your hubby looks a lot like Harrison Ford in that pic with the sunglasses on!!! :) Glad you all had such a great time!

10. Our dressing up consists of clean blue jeans and a hardly-used-hand-me-down shirt for the boy and a “church” dress for the girl. I have a pair of black pants that go well with a couple different tops and Dad has his “job interview suit”. It’s all we need. We don’t go out much.

11. Not much dressing up here however so glad you got some beautiful photos from your time! Your kids are looking lovely, and you are your honey are adorable! Thanks for sharing!

12. So, did you mean to say 3 soda MAXimum or did you really require them to drink 3 sodas each? HaHah! If it was the latter, that’s cool, just curious how that went for you! :)

I’ve been a reader for some time and it’s fun to see pics of your fam. All are adorable, handsome and otherwise looking good! Nice job with the boys – khaki and black is classic and easy.

Yes, I did mean to say 3 drink maximum, but I think it may very well have been a 3 drink minimum. LOL. Non-alcoholic and non-caffeinated, of course! ;)

13. Y’all make such a gorgeous couple! The rest of the family looks really nice too!

14. So cute! I love the black dresses with the red flowers. Thanks for sharing!

15. Love the girls dresses! Who did Jamie marry? I’m so happy for her! You all look great. As far as dressing up around here…I know you haven’t met my daughter, but you read my blog! ;)

16. You look buh-yootiful!!! And your family looks terrific!!!

17. Stephanie says:

How fun seeing you all dressed up! Cute kiddos. You totally pulled it off. I stress dressing a family of four. Wish we could have seen you.

Would have been a blast to see you, Steph! As it was, it was a whirlwind. You coming down to San Diego anytime soon?

18. You guys look great! And I was cracking up about the Spanx…I bought a dress like that at Goodwill the other week, and when I was first putting it on over my head, I thought that it would never fit. Then I realized that the dress fit fine….the Spanx were what was causing the tightness.

They are awfully helpful when the dress is really drapy, because fabric like that tends to show off every single bump and lump that I don’t want to show off!

19. Michelle Z. says:

Did you get your dress (with the built in shaper) from Target? I was thinking of getting one from Target for a Christmas party we have to go to.

20. Oh my. You all are beautiful! (and handsome too) I remember getting my girls dressed up for weddings and things when they were small….Oh it would make me so nervous on those days getting it all together. I think sometimes it still does! There are still all of us here at home, now our four girls are 16 to 27…Everyone is looking at everyone seeing if dresses fall in the right places etc. and to top it off my 80 year old mom is here riding with us to the event too. Oh wow.

You did good! Y’all are ALL gorgeous. You have one beautiful family.

21. You look gorgeous!! I had to laugh out loud about the spanx though!!

22. you looked fantastic. Great ideas on the boys’ dress-up clothes, btw…not so dressy that they hate being in them and take off that sport coat first thing they can.

23. Your family looked beautiful!!! Thank you for getting the FishFam dressed up to come to my party! I can’t wait to get all of the pictures back!!!

Love you guys!!!