As you know, I like having meals ready to go in my freezer. In fact, I am a little infatuated with my deep freeze. Yeah, I’m weird that way.
For the past few weeks I’ve been cooking up a storm testing recipes for my cookbook manuscript due in early summer. What that means is that I’m cooking and cooking and cooking — and stashing lots of meals in the freezer. What that also means is that on nights when I’m writing or on days when I’ve spent several hours at the stove already, the last thing I want to do is cook!
Yes, there’s irony in there…. writing a cookbook and your husband runs out for Costco pizza.
(Just keeping it real, folks.)
But, since I limit my Costco pizza to once a week — a girl must draw the line somewhere — we’re discovering some great quick fix dinners.
Here’s what we’re including in this week’s menu plan for lunches and dinners:
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Trader Joe’s Chimichurri Rice – follow the package directions and add sausage, shrimp, or chicken
- Grilled Chicken or Fish, Rice Pilaf, and a Salad
- Cheese and Crackers, Fruit, Veggies and Dip
- Tortilla Pizzas
- Beans and Rice
- Aforementioned Cookbook Recipes that are Top Secret – If I told you, I’d have to kill you.