I like to be organized at meal times, but despite all my freezer cooking and meal planning, we still have nights when I’m staring into the fridge wondering what to make. That’s usually when the grill comes into play. If I can get a hold on something to throw on the barby, dinner can come together pretty quickly.
We’ve had grilled fish a lot this Spring, which I suppose tells you how lame I’ve been about thawing or following my meal plan. I like to make fish because I don’t usually do anything special to it. We rub it with Fish Spice or drizzle it with soy sauce and lightly season it and that’s it.
But, meat or chicken take a little more work since I usually marinate those proteins. Recently, I decided to try my spice rub technique on chicken and it was a smashing success.
Spicy Grilled Chicken with Cilantro Couscous Salad and Garlic Green Beans
Recipe: Spicy Chicken Rub
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Store in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to use.
- To season chicken, brush chicken pieces with olive oil. Season liberally with chicken rub. Rub in gently. Cook over a hot grill until done.
What’s YOUR favorite way to serve chicken?