I used to think that I had to do a big grocery trip in order to do batch cooking. I learned differently recently. On Friday I shared my recent cooking plan. To prep a variety of foods to store in the freezer was the goal, but I was going to do it without grocery shopping.
My pantry had these items:
- dried beans
- a #10 can of tomato puree
- rolled oats
- flour and other baking ingredients
- 3 dinners worth of Seasoned Pinto Beans that we’ll use for Bean Tostadas
- 18 cups of Crockpot Red Sauce that we’ll have on pizza and pasta.
- 20 hamburger patties that will serve for 2-3 dinners.
- 4 big batches of Pancake Mix, 30 Instant Oatmeal Packets, and 6 cups of Cranberry Orange Granola for quick breakfasts.
Truly, I am flabbergasted over the benefits of a well-stocked pantry. I spent less than three hours putting these meal components together and felt ready to take on quite a few meals. Now, if only I could figure out how to keep up with the appetite’s of six growing children.
How did YOUR freezer cooking go?