Spice up your life — and your cauliflower with Cajun-inspired spices.
Even though it took hours of preparation and only minutes to eat, I must say that this year’s Easter dinner was pretty fab. Honeybaked Ham (recipe created on the fly), Tastiest Scalloped Potatoes, Asparagus, and Cajun Spiced Cauliflower were on display.
And it was quite tasty!
Not a huge vegetable fan, my husband didn’t serve himself much more than the ham and potatoes. But, I made him try the cauliflower since I had gone Cajun with it, a seasoning he loves. His answer?
“Now, that’s delightful.”
Seriously. So, if you’d like your husband to call cauliflower delightful, then you need to mix up a batch of this.
Recipe: Cajun Spiced Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, melted or olive oil, if dairy-free
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Steam the cauliflower in a steamer basket over a pot of water, covered, until tender, about 10 minutes. Place the cauliflower in a serving dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, salt, thyme, dill, paprika, and pepper.
- Drizzle the spiced butter over the cauliflower and toss gently to distribute evenly.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Remember: Each week at Ultimate Recipe Swap, there is a posted theme. You are welcome to share any recipe that fits the theme and contains a link back to Life as MOM. If you’re curious about the upcoming themes, I have a calendar here. This week’s theme is Spring Produce.
If you have a recipe that fits the theme, please link it. However, things like Beef Strogonaff will be deleted from Chicken week because it doesn’t contain chicken. Please keep this meme as helpful to others as we can.
And don’t make me the bad guy!
What’s your favorite recipe using spring produce?