Summer is here in full force! We’ve got our pool passes and we’re having daily ice cream. Oh, yes, yes we are.
Last week I pureed some plums that were hitting the almost too ripe stage. I added lemon juice and zest and some sugar and poured it into Ye Olde Ice Cream Maker. Yum!
I love the foods of summer! There are so many delicious ways to enjoy this season. This week the Eat Well, Spend Less crowd has been sharing ways to enjoy the summer without breaking the bank. Check out these great stories:
- Eat Well, Spend Less During Your Insane Summer Schedule – Shaina shares some great tips for healthy, cheap eating during those busy days of day camp, vacation bible school, sports practice, etc.
- Easy and Tasty Summertime Snacks – Amy’s post includes a helpful list of summery snacks that are easy on the wallet — and mom’s work load.
- Tips for Summer Picnics – I love Tammy’s spin on packing food to go instead of eating out. Call it a picnic and it’s so much more fun! She’s got great tips for packing a portable feast.
- Entertaining Weekend Guests – Carrie offers some great suggestions for having guests, eating well, and not putting a burden on anyone. She’s got some great make-ahead tips. I really want her streusel recipe!
- Grilled Salads (Fruit Salad with Lime) – Aimee busts out a new way to cook out by grilling salads, including fruit! Check out her tips to wow your family and friends this summer.
- Grow a Salad (But Not with Green Things!) – Katie shares a sprouted salad, an interesting twist on salad making. She also makes a great point about how tasty salad toppings are all on their own. I think she may be on to something!
Check out what the girls have been cooking up! I know you’ll be inspired to eat well and spend less.