We’re sharing favorite Christmas recipes on URS today.
Since our first child was born, we’ve always made it tradition to be home for the 24th and 25th. We might travel to see grandparents before or after or have them come see us. But, we don’t drag our kids from house to house for the holidays.
The holidays are for home.
Every year I prepare a special Christmas meal on the 24th. This year I’m planning one with multiple courses. Because I’m a nut like that.
No, really. I think it’s fun. And I plan to outsource several things. Here’s what we’ll be having:
Christmas Eve Supper
- Mushrooms Stuffed with Mustard Greens and Bacon (very make ahead with help from my son)
- French Onion Soup (JL’s dad says you can make it ahead and freeze. Might be trying that!)
- Ham in the Slow Cooker (make ahead)
- Tastiest Scalloped Potatoes (make the morning of and bake later)
- Seasonal Vegetables (easy)
- Salad with French Vinaigrette (easy and make ahead)
- Cheese and Fruit Plate (easy, especially when the bakery does the bread)
- Buche de Noel (can be made the day before)
See? That wasn’t hard, was it? And since I won’t be driving anywhere or packing or washing mountains of laundry, I’ll have time to fool around in the kitchen.
Remember: Each week at Ultimate Recipe Swap, there is a posted theme. You are welcome to share any recipe that fits the theme and contains a link back to Life as MOM. If you’re curious about the upcoming themes, I have a calendar here. This week’s theme is Christmas Favorites.
If you have a recipe that fits the theme, please link it. However, things like Beef Strogonaff will be deleted from Chicken week because it doesn’t contain chicken. Please keep this meme as helpful to others as we can.
And don’t make me the bad guy!
What are your Christmas favorites?