- Life As Mom - http://lifeasmom.com -
13 Ways to Get Organized for the Year
Posted By Prerna On January 29, 2013 @ 8:00 pm In Home Management,Homekeeping,Time for Mom,Time Management,WAHM | 2 Comments
A few minutes of planning can prevent frustration later. Plan for the year by getting organized now with these tips from Life as MOM contributor, Prerna .
January is in full swing and if you’re like me, you’ve already put together a plan for a more peaceful and productive year . However, this is also the best time to put organizing systems in place for the entire year. That is right. Get organized for the whole year in one go. How?
Here are 13 ways to help you get started:
2. Buy a large family calendar  and jot down important dates and events for the whole year. Birthdays, school stuff, holidays, anniversaries, family vacation time and anything else you know will and can impact your family’s schedule should go on there.
5. If you work from home, put together your personal organizing system  and boost your productivity instantly.
6. Get organized for unexpected guests through the year right now by adopting a few simple habits .
7. Make getting organized a family affair .
8. Put together a pinboard for organizing projects  you want to work on through the year. That mud room? Yeah, get it done this year and let social media inspire you.
9. Put together a cleaning kit  to help you wipe up spills and keep a spiffy house easily. Just remember to replenish it when it runs low.
10. Load your smartphone with apps  to help you manage the home.
11. Boost productivity through the year with some cool tools. Download my FREE productivity toolkit here .
12. Commit to reducing paper clutter . Sign up for electronic versions of your bills, statements and receipts.
13. Create a family mission statement based on your convictions  and let it be what guides you through the year.
– Prerna Malik is a mom, a wife, a writer and woman who believes in parenting with love, being postively productive, and creating a home that invites you to put your feet up and relax. Check out her free eBooks on organizing and productivity  to get literally, hundreds of ideas on how to get organized on a shoestring budget, right now.
Article printed from Life As Mom: http://lifeasmom.com
URL to article: http://lifeasmom.com/2013/01/13-ways-to-get-organized-for-the-year.html
URLs in this post:
 RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/lifeasmom/oGdA
 free updates via email: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=lifeasmom/oGdA
 Prerna: http://themomwrites.com
 a plan for a more peaceful and productive year: http://lifeasmom.com/2012/12/how-to-be-a-more-productive-and-peaceful-mom-in-2013.html
 Monthly Menu Plans: http://goodcheapeats.com/2012/11/meal-planning-101-plan-for-a-whole-month/
 here: http://goodcheapeats.com/category/meal-planning/
 a large family calendar: http://lifeasmom.com/organizing-life-as-mom-redesigned-and-updated-ebook#calendars
 an organized and happy morning: http://lifeasmom.com/2012/01/good-habits.html
 evening routine: http://lifeasmom.com/2012/10/make-bedtimes-special.html
 one area of your home every week: http://lifeasmom.com/2012/01/zone-defense-a-game-plan-for-organizing-your-home.html
 get organized for free. : http://lifeasmom.com/2012/09/how-to-organize-just-about-anything-for-free.html
 your personal organizing system: http://lifeasmom.com http://lifeasmom.com/2012/10/5-organizing-must-haves-for-busy-work-at-home-moms.html
 adopting a few simple habits: http://lifeasmom.com/2011/06/get-organized-to-welcome-unexpected-guests.html
 getting organized a family affair: http://lifeasmom.com/2012/01/fun-ways-to-get-organized-as-a-family.html
 a pinboard for organizing projects: http://pinterest.com/fishmama/zone-defense/
 Put together a cleaning kit: http://lifeasmom.com/2011/02/a-busy-mom-cleaning-kit-for-the-home-and-the-soul.html
 your smartphone with apps: http://www.themomwrites.com/2012/07/free-home-management-apps-for-android.html
 Download my FREE productivity toolkit here: http://www.themomwrites.com/2012/12/top-tools-for-productivity-wahm.html
 reducing paper clutter: http://lifeasmom.com/2011/03/sorting-paper-clutter.html
 based on your convictions: http://lifeasmom.com/2011/03/let-your-convictions-be-yours.html
 Image: http://lifeasmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Prerna-small.jpg
 her free eBooks on organizing and productivity: http://www.themomwrites.com/about
Copyright © 2011 Life As Mom. All rights reserved.