This weekend I am at a blogging conference in the boonies (read: no wifi and wildlife in abundance).
Travel for work is something I rarely do. I like home. I like suburbia. About once a year, I bust out of my comfort zone and go “talk shop” with folks. I typically return home with new ideas. And a renewed appreciation for my family.
And in this case, civilization.
Leading up to my departure, it was a full week:
I spent time with each boy, sorting through his clothes, finding items that got lost during our infamous laundry folding parties, and realizing that I don’t need to go clothes shopping after all. Each of them has plenty! He just couldn’t find it buried under a myriad of outgrown items and clothes that shouldn’t have been in his drawer in the first place. Besides the clothing thing, it was good to chat and have one-on-one time with each of my guys.
We headed to the beach again. We grabbed pizza and root beer at Pizza Port on our way. This time the two older boys chose to stay home. It’s a different mix when we have just the 10 and under set. They had a fabulous time playing at this beach.
FishBoy8 became FishBoy9. I can’t believe my baby boy is halfway to manhood. Where did the time go?!
I am reminded that even though some things are difficult, I want to drink this cup of parenting dry. I will miss these days.
Meanwhile, here’s what’s been happening on Life as MOM:
- How to Fight Like a Mother
- Weekly Meal Plan to Print and Cook: Going Meatless (free printable)
- Eat Well, Spend Less: Summer Parties on a Budget
- DIY on a Dime: Summer To Do List (free printable)
- Visiting and Vacationing in San Diego
- Plan a Staycation and Save Money
- Choosing a Summer Dress to Fit You Perfectly
- Kitchen Chores for Kids
- DIY on a Dime: Summer Fun Journal (free printable)
- Entertaining on a Budget (Frugal Friday)
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Quest for the Crystal Mickey Giveaway
- MyGarage and a Giveaway from Napa Filters
Coming next week:
- Suffering and Beauty
- Booking It
- another free printable meal plan
- More DIY on a Dime: Summer Fun
- Zone Defense Check-in (get your homework done)
- Homemade Finger Paint
Be sure to let me know what stories and articles are helpful to you and what you’d like to see more of in the coming weeks. I want to make your “life as MOM” as fun and as easy as possible.