As moms, it’s easy to focus on the never-ending to-do list and let time for ourselves go by the wayside. “Mom Time” doesn’t need to be extravagant or an all-day affair. It can be as simple as a 20-minute break from pressing matters to catch your breath and recharge for the rest of your day.
You’ll feel better; you’ll be nicer; your family will be blessed.
Stuck for an idea? Try one of these quick and easy ways to take some time off:
- Take a 20-minute break and enjoy a cup of something — coffee, tea, whatever suits your tastes or mood.
- Get outside! A simple walk and breathing fresh air can make such a difference.
- Spend time with a friend.
- Schedule some time in your day to exercise.
- Once the kids are in bed, take a bath. Maybe even mix up some of this Lavender Milk Bath to make it an even more pleasant experience.
- Pamper your feet. If you’ve got the time and the funds, a salon pedicure is a wonderful treat. But, an at-home pedicure is great too.
- Read a good book.