This girl? She put 50 cents into the claw machine and won a purple hippo on her very first try. I wish I had a picture of her big brother and big uncle’s faces. They had each spent a small fortune to win the girls each a pink flamingo. That’s what we did this week. Among other things.
I had a great time speaking at a MOPS group in Santa Clarita, talking about how to feed your family without losing your mind. It was almost like a step back in time as I chatted with young moms who are in the stage of life I was in fifteen years ago. Oh, what an exciting time that is! It was very humbling to get to
ramble, er, speak to their group.
I took the under 12 crowd with me to Santa Clarita so we could visit my parents and brother and sister. They spoiled us, as usual. That’s a nice perk to going home!
This week we also caught up on the Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD series (affiliate link). My dad had it DVR’d, so the young’uns and I watched it there, but then for our Friday night “movie” we bought the episodes (in HD and without commercials) from Amazon Instant Video. I think it’s a very fun show, despite what the critics say.
Meanwhile, here’s what’s been happening on Life as MOM:
- Weekly Meal Plan to Print & Cook #26
- 9 Ways to Make Your Week Better
- New DVD & Blue-Ray Round-Up
- Falling for Fun: High School Friday Night Football
- 3 Surprising Ways to Find Inspiration in Everyday Chores
- Lunchbox Love
- Use Spice Mixes
- Make a Reusable Grocery List to Save Time
- Save Time with a Clean Fridge
- Freezer Cooking Will Save You Time
- Make a Salad Bar to Save Time
- Make Quick Fix Meals to Save Time
- Make Your Own Convenience Foods
- Shop at One Store to Save Time
- Clean the Kitchen Before You Go to Bed to Save Time
Coming next week:
- another printable Weekly Meal Plan
- more Falling for Fun
- 7 more days of Kitchen Time Savers
- Learning about Food Allergies
- 5 Great Color Combos for Fall
Be sure to let me know what stories and articles are helpful to you and what you’d like to see more of in the coming weeks. I want to make your “life as MOM” as fun and as easy as possible.