Make some precious memories with your kids this Thanksgiving with these fun crafts and activities.
My memories are filled with fun Thanksgiving Day adventure. When I was growing up, we often celebrated with some neighbors who didn’t have family nearby. Their son Mark was one of my best friends when I was little. So getting to play all day was such a blast. He had older sisters who planned all sorts of fun adventures for us: decorating cookies, hiking through the neighborhood, building forts in the backyard.
Once I had kids, I wanted to recapture some of that Turkey Day fun. I’m a big fan of tailoring holiday get-togethers to suit all ages. One year, after we had purchased our refrigerator (we still have the same one), Gramma Ruthie and the boys turned the cardboard box into a pirate ship. Another year we had a Gingerbread House competition.
That year my mom also made mock cowpies out of plaster of paris and we went out in the field behind our house to collect them. Bet you never did THAT before!
There are plenty of ways to keeping the kids’ table happy. Check out these ideas from the archive and make some fun memories with your kids this Thanksgiving:
Special Thanksgiving Treats
- Apple Crowns – This is a simple and fun treat that will help keep your littles happy while the feast is being prepared.
- Turkey Shaped Cinnamon Rolls – A fun Thanksgiving morning tradition!
- Turkey Apple Placeholder Craft – This is a tasty (and healthy) Thanksgiving snack and craft all rolled into one. You can find instructions and a template in this FREE Thanksgiving Fun printable.
- 12 Kinds of Christmas Cookies – Start your Christmas Baking
By organizing a few crafts ahead of time for Thanksgiving morning, you can make the little ones feel special AND keep them entertained while you undertake getting the meal on the table.
- Make a Thanksgiving Tree
- Leaf Necklace from Recycled Materials
- Fall Wreath Paper Craft
- Thanksgiving Fun FREE Printable
- Make Gingerbread House Tissue Box Covers
- Decoupage Leaf Votive Holders
Thanksgiving can be a great time to enjoy great food, visit with family, and make great memories together as a family.